Level 3: the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
ROLE PURPOSE: Responsible for overseeing all information technology within the Iraq Country Office and its Field offices in Erbil, Kalar, Kirkuk and Dohuk and ensure high delivery of IT services that ensure the capture, storage and processing of data. This will include responding to IT support requests via the helpdesk email system, phone call or verbal reports, trouble shooting and performing assigned IT projects.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: IT Coordinator
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
IT Strategy & Support
· Identify information technology strategies and implement them in line with the SC Iraq Country Office objectives.
· Provide client support and technical issue resolution via E-Mail, phone and other electronic medium.
· Maintain optimum security and integrity of all operating systems and servers at all times
· Provide and maintain network accounts and fool proof passwords as required
· Consult with systems users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications
· Ensure technology is accessible and equipped with current hardware and software.
· Prepare evaluations of software or hardware, and recommend improvements or upgrades.
· Maintain wired and wireless networks, desktop and server computers, computer peripheral equipment e.g. printers, scanners, projectors and whiteboards
· Cable lining and termination
· Identify and prepare hardware for disposal when appropriate
· Ensure hardware is stripped and secured before disposal
· To assist IT coordinator in any way possible if needed.
· Maintain SIM number issues and documentation of telecom service provider.
· Support staff with hardware maintenance in the office or remotely.
· Field visit to all SCI field office locations when needed.
· Supporting field offices remotely if needed
· Work with Jira and AD
· In liaison with Logs Assistant/officer, maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and resources
· Submit regular quarterly progress reports to IT officer/coordinator.
· Ensure that all Save the Children Iraq staff remains in compliance with all SCI Global and Iraq IT Security Policies, IT Acceptable Usage Policy and Mandatory Reporting Policy as it pertains to IT.
· Participate and represent the IT department in any SC Iraq staff meetings
· Participate and represent SCI in any inter-agency IT-related meetings or seminars.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field with emphasis on hardware.
· Minimum two years’ experience in a similar role
· Familiarity with network infrastructure and operating systems
· Knowledge to operate most ICT and office equipment
· Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels, taking into account cultural and language difficulties. Tact and diplomacy are essential.
· The ability to work closely in a team, patience, adaptable, flexible, ability to improvise and work in an environment that is often stressful and potentially volatile.
· Experience of working in insecure/conflict situations and security management.
· Willingness to travel regularly and in difficult circumstances.
· Sensitive to issues affecting children and committed to Save the Children Child Safeguarding Policy.
· Ability to travel to SCI field offices in Erbil, Dohuk, Mosul sub offices (Sinjar, Sinoni).
· Excellent knowledge in spoken and written English.
· Arabic and Kurdish language will be an asset
· Commitment to Save the Children values
Closing Date: (April 22, 2019)
Applicants may submit their CVs with their telephone number and contact to Mosul.Jobs@savethechildren.org.
1-Please mention the vacancy title IT Officer-Mosul in subject box of your email.
2-Email without vacancy title will not be considered.
3-Email after the closing date will not be considered.