Hope Organization for Development and improvement is a humanitarian organization and Non-Profit organization stablished in 2007. Working in different cities in Iraq like; Ninewa, Salah-Aldin, Anbar, Kirkuk and KRI. Have an update registration in Iraq and KRI. Hope Organization is Provides Relief, Rehabilitation, Livelihood, Emergincy Response, Wash, Education, GBV sessions, PSS, Protection for Women and Children, and Reconstruction support to communities affected by wars and natural disasters in the country. Supports conflict-affected populations by strengthening the capacities of communities, civil society, and government authorities, increasing their preparedness to protect human rights through advocacy, providing basic services and promoting the well-being of the individual and the family and guarantee Women and children's rights in the community. Hope Organization is contribute in all available means to eliminate violence against women and children physically and psychologically. Hope Organization is also responding to the emergency and working in different sectors to make sure all the required support to the people receiving services In addition, HOPE membership comes from different religions and sects and nationalities, working on providing training, research, dialogue facilitation, and civil society consulting in the field of human rights, peace-building, and the rule of law in order to promote a culture of non-violence without discrimination and in accordance with Iraqi constitutional provisions and international conventions ratified by Iraq.
Under the direct supervision of the program manager in Talafar, lawyer is responsible to advise individual beneficiaries of options to solve their particular legal problem (e.g. accessing essential personal documentation, government-initiated compensation benefits, and other legal issues, including property restitution) and make recommendations on the best actions to take.
- Advise individual beneficiaries of options to solve their particular legal problem (e.g. accessing essential personal documentation, government-initiated compensation benefits, and other legal issues, including property restitution) and make recommendations on the best actions to take.
- Assist in filing complaints before administrative or other bodies in accordance with established procedures for legal representation.
- Advocate on behalf of clients and make direct interventions with local authorities (e.g. phone calls, letters or meetings) or other organizations (NGOs) or international organizations.
- Cooperate with other PACs on individual cases by requesting assistance and follow –up when cases take place outside its area of responsibility.
- Provide legal representation in court and before administrative bodies in selected cases.
- Refer potential clients to other agencies offering the assistance they require.
- Maintain and manage individual case files and ensure that all required data is input into the electronic database.
- Provide weekly work plans and report to supervisor outlining caseload and movements
- Apply for court fee payments using Hope.
- Perform other duties, as required by the supervisor.
- Bachelor degree in Law.
- Member of Iraq Lawyers Syndicate.
- At least two years’ experience in practicing law (Practitioner degree).
- Belief in human rights including gender equality.
- Experience working with people from different backgrounds.
- Practical understanding of Microsoft office applications.
Please submit your CV with cover letter to:
and put in the subject: (Lawyer-talafar)