About Aid Gate Organization "AGO"
Aid Gate Organization (AGO) is an independent, nonpartisan, national organization whose history goes back to 2014 with the beginning of ISIL’s occupation in Iraq. Since 2014, AGO has been working untiringly to help Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), refugees, asylum seekers, returnees, and vulnerable host communities for the implementation of whole-of-community resilience-building measures in Iraq.
AGO’s is starting a project to enhance the capacity, resilience, and talents of children and youth affected by conflict art-based initiatives and protection services. The project will focus on children/youth in detention and in the community. AGO is looking for one Lawyer.
The Lawyer is responsible for providing legal aid to AGO beneficiaries
- Provide information, advice/counselling and further legal support to AGO beneficiaries as part of the case management process.
- Provide legal representation in processes to secure civil documentation, criminal proceeding for children in contact with the law (children accused or convicted of crimes, children victims and children witnesses)
- Respond to cases through the relevant legal channels within negotiated and agreed deadlines.
- Liaise closely with the PM and HOP in order to receive referrals and provide accurate and updated feedback on cases.
- Coordinate with relevant legislative authorities/bodies and court systems to conclude referred cases.
- Coordinate the collection, preservation and management of all information and documentation obtained from the case beneficiaries.
- Provide training to lawyers and project partners on child friendly legal aid
- Ensure compliance with AGO policies, guidelines and standards.
- Travel within Ninewa Governorate as needed (self-mobilise).
- Maintain and ensure a culture of strict confidentiality - between AGO employees and beneficiaries.
- Undertake all duties as per JD and Scope of Work.
- Comply with AGO Safeguarding policy and code of conduct
Competencies: This function requires the mastery of Personal, Social and Leadership Competencies (PSLC), Technical and Methodological Competencies (TMC) and Management and Strategic Competencies (MSC)
Knowledge of the child protection, psychosocial support (PSS), psychological first aid (PFA), case management (CM), gender-based violence (GBV) and others related topics.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Advanced Degree in Law in combination with two or more years of qualifying work experience.
- Proof of Legal Syndicate ID
- Proof of Bar Membership
- At least 1 year of experience in legal representation of vunerable people in criminal proceedings
- Previous experience oin working with an NGO or INGO.
- Previous experience in working with children.
- Fluency in spoken and written Arabic.
- Working knowledge of English.
- Ability to work independently.
- Flexibility, adaptability and high work capacity to ensure activities and outputs are achieved in a timely manner.
- Superior interpersonal communication skills.
- Be signature to and adherence to AGO’s Child Safeguarding Policies.
- Be signature to and adherence to AGO’s Code of Conduct.
- Providing guidance to employees and others and defining expectations when it comes to Reducing the risk of child abuse by preventing, raising, denouncing and responding to presenting issues
Interested applicants must send their most recent:
- Cover Letter
To [email protected] , Subject line must read: Lawyer - Mosul | x1
- Applications not meeting the specified minimum requirements may not be considered
- The CVs received after the closing date may not be considered.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview that may include a written test of communication and writing skills.
Due to the nature of AGO work activities, AGO demand its employee to have the highest discretion and flexibility qualities. AGO can anytime according to the needs of his mission, and change the work location of his employee. AGO can at any time update tasks on this Job Description according to the evolution of the program or strategy changes. The above-listed tasks are not exhaustive, the employee can be asked to undertake other tasks by the employer according to the competencies, to work over settings time.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline.