Internews Iraq is seeking a local legal consultant in order to make sure that its operational practices are aligned with the applicable labor law and regulations in the country.
The consultant will be engaged in the assisting the support functions (Human Resources, Administration, Finance, Operations)
Type of Contract: Personal Service Contract (PSC)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist and provide hands-on contribution to review and revise Internews-Iraq “Emoloyee Handbook” in close collaboration with Human Resources Manager.
- Ensure that Internews-Iraq’s internal policies and regulations are in compliance with the local law and regulations.
- Provide legal advice and guidance on any legal matters arising out of employee relations/conflicts.
- Provide legal advice towards mitigating potential legal risks.
- Ensure that Internews-Iraq files and updated at the Department of NGO – KRG
- Ensure renewal of Administrative Decree is obtained on a timely manner.
- Obtain Visa Code for Internews and follow up on the code to ensure maintenance.
- To obtain and renew residency card for expatriates.
- Certify Power of Attorneys and other relevant documents at the Notary Public offices.
- Submission of Financial Report
- Obtain Tax Clearance on quarterly basis.
- Obtain tax exemption letter from relevant authorities for custom clearance.
- Registered law firm in Kurdistan Region of Iraq
- ID of Syndicate of Lawyers in Kurdistan Region of Iraq. (please send the IDs of the lawyers with your proposal).
- Previous experience in revision of internal manuals/policies is an asset
- Previous experience with International NGOs is an asset.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Strong ability to analyze legal disputes, issues and matters.
- Should have a strong sense of attention to details.
- References (Please provide references of the International NGOs that you have worked with before)
Interested candidates should send their updated CVs to IQ-HR@INTERNEWS.ORG with a subject of the email: “Legal Consultant” not later than 07th of April 2020.
The application should be in English language and shall include the following:
- Proof of Registration / Syndicate ID
- List of current relevant clients for reference purposes.
PLEASE INDICATE IN THE APPLICATION IF YOU ARE APPLYING AS AN INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT OR AS A LAW FIRM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further proceedings, applications other than Word and PDF will not be considered.