Duties and Responsibilities
• Represents MAG Iraq in liaising and ensuring smooth working relationship with Government entities (mainly with Directorate of DMA, General Commission for Taxes, Department of Social Security and the JCMC in Mosul office.
• Prepares MAG official letters in Arabic as directed by the Country Office and submits to relevant government offices in Mosul and receives and submits responses to the Country office.
• Follows up on government / authorities’ letters and archives them for further action and /or documentation
• Oversees the overall maintenance of the office premises, facilities assets and equipment (physical work environment) and ensures that these are secure and efficiently utilized
• Ensures provision of high quality logistical support to guests, visitors including partner organisations involved in MAG’s activities in Mosul .
• Manages the attendance and performance of support function staff in Mosul.
• Takes responsibility of due care in the storage, security and use of all MAG project equipment
• Pledges to return these in good working condition either on request or at the end of the period of use
• Translates documents from English to Arabic and vice versa as required by Management and the government offices in Mosul
• Provides oral translation support to MAG’s international staff and visitors if and when required in Mosul.
• Ensures appropriate documentation is filed and shared with the Country Office on all correspondence made with government and other entities in Mosul office.
• Briefs all international staff and visitors on safety and security matters immediately upon arrival in Mosul office.
• Helps on the recruitment of support function staff as required by the Country Office HR.
• Coordinates with the Regional Safety and Security Advisor for updating the security situation.
• Ensures compliance with MAG’s Safeguarding frame work, policies and procedures on personnel conduct, safety and security, anti-fraud and bribery policy, Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy, Dignity at Work Policy, Reporting Malpractice (Whistleblowing) Policy, Equal Opportunities Policy and modern slavery statement
• Prepares and facilitates the relevant documents and correspondence to facilitate the road movement of MAG staff.
• Work closely with the Country HR & Admin Manager and other relevant managers to manage and coordinate disciplinary and grievance issues in Mosul office.
Person Selection Criteria
• An understanding of NGOs and a commitment to humanitarian work.
• An excellent command spoken and written English.
• An excellent command of spoken and written Arabic.
• Excellent computer skills (MS Office).
• Ability to work as part of a team and high level of self-motivation
• Administrative skills and ability to take minutes of meetings
• Sound record keeping and administration skills required
• Flexible and adaptable and strong communication skills, service minded required
• Understand and uphold the standards outlined in MAG’s Safeguarding Framework, acting with due care and attention to safeguard the wellbeing of anyone that comes into contact with MAG’s work and reporting concerns if they do arise.
Application procedure for the position
All candidates interested in applying for this position should send their updated CV, in English, to this email Jobs.IQ@maginternational.org
The candidates who do not meet the selection criteria will not be considered.
All the Applicants must mention the job title (Liaison and Security Officer) in the subject line of their email. The applications with no job title in the subject line would automatically be rejected.
MAG is an equal opportunity employer; women are highly encouraged to apply. Closing date for applications is
19th Oct 2019. Late applications will not be accepted