Terms of Reference
Consultancy Title: life skill trainer for Peace Program in Schools
Type of contract: Service contract – consultant
Duty Station: Mosul / Iraq
Brief description of the organization
Al Mesalla for Human Resources Development is a non-governmental organization established in 2004 and registered in Baghdad and Erbil with headquarters located in Erbil. The organization is working on disseminating a culture of human rights and peacebuilding in Iraq and the Kurdistan Region. The organization is currently working on 3 programs: A non-violence and peacebuilding program developing peace capacities within the community; a woman and Gender program empowering women to take an active role in the community and a Human Rights Program which focuses especially on enhancing freedom of expression. Since June 2014, Al Mesalla developed services for the growing refugee and displaced community settling in the Kurdish Region of Iraq by participating in distributing emergency support and establishing empowerment and livelihood programs for displaced women in particular.
Brief description of the partner
World Vision International is a humanitarian aid, development, and advocacy organization, It was founded in 1950 by Robert Pierce as a service organization to meet emergency needs. In 1975, development work was added to World Vision's objectives.
Background of the project
TAMASOK (cohesion) it's a program Implemented by Al-Mesalla and his partner World Vision organization to build upon and scale up the potential of community actors (Clergy, community leaders, teachers, and activists) to be more active in conflict prevention in the west and east Mosul city, and Al Hamdaniyah.
OBJECTIVE OF TRAINING
The objectives of this assignment are:
- Training and developing the skills of 50 teachers for the second time on the mechanisms of creating spaces for effective discussion with students within schools to be peace builders.
- To conduct Training for teachers who participate the training on following topics to enable them to provide specific knowledge and skills required for successful implementation of project:
1, life skills for the teachers who they will be selected to participate in this training.
2, Peace building mechanisms proved to the teachers and guide them how to use the pace building manual in schools.
- To develop the knowledge base and resources for the including training module, guidelines, life skill curriculum Manual and training presentations on above-mentioned topics which can be used during training implementation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The trainer will:
- Design and develop and submit training material (guidelines, training presentations) and training module(s) on peace building and support, life-skills, in Arabic and English Language
- Conduct an interactive Training for teachers who will be participant the training on life-skills and peacebuilding and support to the project;
- Submit a final report of training (which should include the details of training contents, modules developed, participants, methodology, Learning and recommendations) in English Language.
- Ability to observe agreed timelines
- At least 5 Year Experience as trainer with NGOs peace building topic.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Previous experience of developing modules and conducting trainings
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Commitment to Al-Mesalla’s values and Code of Ethics.
- Previous experience in conducting capacity-building activities/ToT and developing training modules
- Good technical knowledge on Child Protection and child rights issues, human right in line with Al-Mesalla’s standards;
- Experience in providing services to displaced populations, migrants, teachers, and religious minorities or conflict-affected populations;
- Good technical knowledge of life skills, peacebuilding, and Mosul society
- Experience in working with Government and/or international organizations.
How To Apply
Al-Mesalla is an Equal Opportunity Employer Al-Mesalla considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Interested applicants must send their CV (PDF or Word) with a proposal as simple to (understand what you will offer) to:- firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject: life skill trainer for Peace Program in Schools – Mosul before September 25, 2022.
Applications not meeting the specified minimum requirements or received after the closing date will not be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted it for an interview.
Due to the urgency, Al -Mesalla reserves the right to recruit any suitable candidates before the above-mentioned deadline