Oversee the project activities including English training for youth, job placement and vocational trainings.
Ensure all the field paperwork are done and well documented.
Assist livelihood coordinator in reporting all the project activities In Mosul to the livelihood’s coordinator
Conduct project assessments and beneficiary selection.
Work closely with training facilitator.
Coordinate with local authorities, INGOs, NGOs and other stakeholders prior to conduct assessments and implement the project.
The livelihood assistant will be responsible to oversee the planned trainings and trainers.
Mission East, founded in Denmark in 1991, is an international humanitarian and development organisation undertaking disaster relief and development programmes in Asia.
Mission East worked in Dohuk from 2003-2005. In response to the recent IDP crisis Mission East has re-established a presence in Iraq in September 2014 in order to provide emergency assistance for displaced people. Our current programme in Iraq focuses on psychosocial support, shelter, non-food items, WASH, cash assistance in Ninewa and Kirkuk Governorates. In Sinjar, agriculture, cash for work and shops rehabilitation projects are also being implemented.
More information on Mission East can be found at: http://www.missioneast.org
The purpose of the livelihood assistant position is to assist in the day to day implementation of the Livelihoods activities in Mosul, conducting community-based activities, ensuring community-involvement and assisting with open dialogue/communications the livelihood assistant will be responsible to routinely field visit the training and distributions.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- liaise with NGOs/GOs in terms of training activities, mobilizing volunteers and/or recruiting field staff/ trainers.
- Implement and update periodic progress review and planning mechanism for the livelihoods project team activities.
Provide technical assistance to the project team and ensuring compliance with accountability mechanisms in line with different standards such as the SPHERE standards and livelihoods cluster performance standards.
- Help establish and routinely visit the trainings, and other activities to provide feedbacks and recommendations.
- Participate in project evaluations, reflections, learning and assist in the analysis of results.
- Support the Livelihoods coordinator for the day to day coordination and supervision of activity team and outreach workers.
- Liaise with local authorities, coordination meetings and other actors in relation to the project activities in Mosul and Hamdaniya.
- Participate in knowledge and information sharing within the programme; Identify, document and disseminate relevant project learning within the programme.
Daily visit and monitoring grant distribution.
- Any other duties as needed.
- Previous experience in livelihoods and ideally training management.
- Willing to travel and work in Mosul and Hamdaniya.
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Strong experience in Microsoft Office
- Be able to speak, read and write in the local languages with good English skills.
Qualified Candidates should submit their CV's in English on firstname.lastname@example.org with indicating the " Livelihood Assistant (ME/NIN/MOS/078/072020) " in the subject line of the email no later than Aug 06th, 2020. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Due to the urgency, Mission East reserves the right to recruit any suitable candidates before the above-mentioned deadline.
Mission East is an equal opportunity employer.