The World Service (WS) is LWF’s internationally recognized humanitarian and development arm. It has earned a distinguished record by linking timely, compassionate and professional emergency response with excellence in rehabilitation, reconstruction and effective long-term development efforts. Mandated by the communion of the LWF to carry out effective and empowering programing addressing human sufferings, injustice and emergencies, LWF World Service works with and for vulnerable and crisis-affected populations to achieve justice, peace and sustainable lives.
LWF Iraq has worked in Northern Iraq / Iraqi Kurdistan since 2014 and has been registered with the Kurdistan Regional Government since 2015. It has offices in Dohuk and Erbil and is in the processes of establishing an office and obtaining registration in Bagdad. As an active member in WASH, Basic Needs, Livelihood & Social Cohesion and SGBV/Protection Working Groups, LWF Iraq cooperates closely with relevant UN agencies, other INGOs, local NGOs and local authorities. All LWF Iraq ongoing programs in the field of WASH, Protection (PSS), Basic Needs and Livelihoods contribute to the Iraq Humanitarian Response Plan and comply with the Core Humanitarian Standard. LWF currently implements activities in the areas of Dohuk and Nineveh Governorates. Through partners, LWF Iraq has reached Salah Al-Din, Bagdad and Anbar Governorates serving IDPs, returnees and host communities in and outside camp settlements.
Scope of Work
The Livelihoods officer effectively manages the assigned (Livelihoods) projects in line with the objectives, budget and timeframe laid down in the proposals. The role also includes enhancing beneficiary participation, managing and training local staff and planning and initiating new Livelihoods projects / proposals.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Technical Livelihoods and Project Management
- Responsible for the implementation, management, supervision and support of the assigned Livelihoods projects in line with the activity plan and time frame of the relevant project proposals and any applicable national and international guidelines and standards.
- Develop SOPs for the livelihoods activities and stakeholder’s selection criteria.
- Ensure that regular monitoring and evaluation assessments are conducted both against project objectives and to ensure the quality of the program.
- Provide input on the integration of beneficiary participation and accountability in all aspects of the project.
- Be a member in the procurement committee formed for the infrastructure projects and carry out all activities related to tendering-procurement process
- Supervise Daily labour/sub-contractors hired to support with the livelihoods activities
- Ensure community/beneficiary feedback is collected and shared in program and coordination meetings
- Share weekly progress reports on livelihoods activities to the Area Manager.
- To participate in the monthly/weekly work plan schedules.
- Collect data during needs assessment, baseline studies, and periodic studies, and help feed back findings to stakeholders.
- Identify the needs, stakeholders mapping, and how efficiently and effectively use the resources.
- Lead/ participate in prioritizing the benefices requirements, Develop BoQs/ Scope of works, and identify the best practices to follow in term of cost, quality and time.
- Prepare work plans and the phased budget for the LIVELIHOODS projects and report the schedule to the Area Manager on weekly bases and if any out-of-plan occurrence or anticipated.
- Identify the project related risks and develop a risk response plan to mitigate the risks.
- Manage the work schedule and provide technical support to livelihoods Community Engagement Facilitators.
- Prepare working commencement, handing over documents and related minutes of meetings.
- Conduct regular site meetings with the partners NGOs and the suppliers during implementation to ensure adherence to the required specifications, indicators are in place, and the activities trend is moving toward achieving the targeted objectives.
- Make sure that the proposed activities/projects align with livelihoods cluster objectives and the overall country strategy.
- Conduct handing over the completed activities/projects procedure to the related stakeholders.
- Conduct measurements and approve the work completion certificates accordingly.
- Take account of gender, protection, the environment, and other important cross cutting concerns in program design, implementation, and reporting; carry out activities in a way that reflects the needs of specific groups and individuals e.g. elderly people, children, and people with disabilities.
- Liaise and coordinate with local authorities, research institutes, partner organizations, NGOs, government bodies and cluster at base
- Actively participate in related
- Analyze, report the humanitarian needs, and provide clear detailed recommendation s for intervention.
- Coordinate with different livelihoods-related departments and BRHA and related to improve efficiency and maximize synergy.
LWF as an organization and LWF workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the code of Conduct.
- Relevant professional experience of (3) years, preferably in emergency and/or development context with substantive (LIVELIHOODS) experience.
- Knowledge of technical skills needed for the ‘hardware’-side of LIVELIHOODS as well as has an eye for the ‘software’-side (behaviour change, adapting interventions to the needs and preferences of the people).
- Experience with output/outcome-based working beyond activity-level and are able to adjust programming to reach the desired impact.
- Excellent spoken and written command of English and /Arabic and relevant computer skills.
- You have the following competencies: flexible, communicative, customer friendly and you are intellectual, interpersonal, and organizational sensitive.
- Experience conducting beneficiary identification, verification and registration.
- Experience conducting focus groups, questionnaires, and surveys.
- Experience working directly with vulnerable groups; able to demonstrate conflict-sensitivity, compassion, discretion
- Able to work under pressure and achieve deadlines.
- Good Communication & Interpersonal skills.
- Good culture awareness & Sensitivity.
- Proven ability to work independently and to meet tight deadlines.
- Service oriented; actively looking for ways to help people.
- Respect for confidentiality and reliability to keep information safe when needed.
- Strong Organizational & Positive work attitude and team player.
- Confidence, strong personality & sound professional judgment.
- Strong ability to multi task effectively.
- Coping with Change.
Applicants may submit their updated Cv's and Cover letter to email@example.com latest by 20th of January 2019.
-pleased mention vacancy tittle Livelihood Officer in subject box in your email.
- We will be reviewing the Cv's on rolling bases.
-email after the closing date will not be considered