Sahara Economic Development Organization (SEDO) is Iraqi National NGO, it's established in November 2007 as an independent NGO with its main office in Tikrit city. It focuses on developing the economic sector by providing business management training courses and counseling services to entrepreneurs and potential investors to enable them to efficiently contribute to the local economy. SEDO is considered among the most effective and qualified organizations in Iraq. It has conducted economic studies on the business environment in Iraq, identifying business opportunities and market niches for potential investors in Iraq. SEDO started humanitarian intervention in Iraq to respond to the urgent need for our beneficiaries, its work in WASH, Livelihood, protection, Food security, and Education sectors.
Livelihood Officer Position is the lead role in the implementation of Livelihood activities including multi-sectorial project. The officer will manage the day-to-day livelihood activities of the project and will lead the livelihood assistant. The Officer will be responsible for managing project livelihood activities, project livelihood budget and also coordinate with external stakeholders related to the livelihood activities for smooth implementation of the activities.
- Implement Livelihoods ptoject activities including Vocational training, apprenticeship, life skills, and other activities, as directed by the project officer and/or livelihood specialist.
- Identify and reports challenges and concerns to project officer and/or livelihood specialist.
- Conduct field assessments and surveys such as market assessments, price monitoring, labour market analysis, social cohesion mapping, prover services mapping, and similar duties.
- Regularly monitor project activities and provide timely inputs and feedback to the project officer.
- Facilitate the apprenticeship, vocational and life skills training for beneficiaries.
- Compile and submit written project updates, assist with the preparation of project reports, human interest stories, and other narrative documents as required.
- Ensure the preparation of required documentation for the procurement of goods and services in compliance with SEDO requirements and delivered in a timely manner.
- Ensure equal participation through all stages of the project from all members of the community, taking into consideration gender, age, ethnic identities, and clan and tribal affiliations.
- Conduct activities in a community- and rights-based, participatory manner, maintaining an Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD), and conflict-sensitive approach to community engagement.
- Ensure that all activities are clearly documented as per SEDO’s procedures, requirements, and/or regulations.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Line Manager.
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience of working with NGOs preferably in livelihoods.
- Strong written communication skills, experience writing reports or other narrative documents.
- Competence in basic Microsoft Office software (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook etc)
- Negotiation: Project managers will negotiate with clients on an appropriate schedule and scope of work. They will bargain for certain resources and manpower. Knowing how to negotiate to get what they need to succeed and keep everyone involved satisfied is a skill developed and improved through experience.
- Problem Solving: Issues that need attention regularly come up for project managers, and it's their duty to predict potential problems in advance and brainstorm solutions in case these issues arise.
- Relevant university or diploma degree or similar education preferred.
- For the language; English (very good) and Arabic (Fluent)
The application period closes on (21/Jan/2022) Applicants may submit their cover letter and Curriculum Vitae with their Address, Telephone number and contact information to (email@example.com ) Please mention the position title (Livelihood Officer-Riyadh) in the subject of the email.