The Project manager oversees the design and management of AAF’s programs to assist vulnerable populations in Iraq. The Project manager provides strategic, technical and operational support to Staff in all aspects of management, including project implementation, monitoring and reporting, logistics, administration, and human resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
Contribute to the overall planning and supervision of projects implemented by AAF staff
Contribute to the strategic, technical and operational management of AAF’s projects. This will include developing resources for effective project management, including work plans, budgets and matrixes
Guide and develop AAF’s partnerships with the UN, other NGOs and civil society to facilitate capacity building. Oversee the monitoring of projects implemented with partners by managing contractual agreements.
Monitoring and Reporting:
Ensure the production of quality and timely reports to donors, partners and authorities on program activities.
Oversee the collection and analysis of project data and documentation. Provide technical guidance and support to the Reporting Officer on the management and compilation of data per reporting requirements.
Assist in representing AAFs programs to external stakeholders, humanitarian partners, donors and civil society
Ensure that AAFs projects are effectively managed financially. Assist in the planning and authorization of expenditures and provide support in budget forecasting and budget revisions
Draft and review TORs, coordinate staff and support administrative processes related to leave and recruitment
Contribute to creating a work environment that encourages collaboration and professional growth
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Advanced university degree in a relevant subject, such as international relations, humanitarian affairs, international development, and/or migration
- At least 4 years of experience in program design, implementation, and M&E
- Excellent knowledge of project management cycle and experience managing large humanitarian projects in challenging environments, including planning and delivery, internal and external coordination, monitoring and reporting
- Experience in developing program strategies and project proposals
- Capacity to manage large teams and work with local partners
- Fluency in written and spoken English; knowledge of Arabic and/or Kurdish an asset
We are also looking for:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a team oriented work style, and experience in working in a multicultural environment
- Ownership, initiative, and demonstrated ability to organize work and time independently
- Desire to learn and undertake problem-solving
- Demonstrated ability to mentor staff and support staff career development
- Clear and effective communication skills and willingness to accept feedback
Please e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
using “Livelihood Project Manager” as the subject of your e-mail before the deadline which is 18th July 2019.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
Stay tuned for further job opportunities by following AAF on Facebook.