IOM is a major actor in post-conflict recovery and reconstruction, and as such is heavily involved in livelihood development and job creation programming. IOM’s strengths lie in its field presence around the country and operational capacity to rebuild community infrastructure, conduct vocational and other trainings, providing grant funding at local level to support business development and a variety of other areas key to recovery.
Under general Guidance of the Head of Office and Head of Returns and Recovery Unit, Overall supervision of the Programme Coordinator (Return & Recovery), the Livelihoods Programme Assistant will be under the direct supervision of the Team Leader and for all technical matters will be supported by the Livelihoods Regional Technical Advisors. The incumbent will be responsible for assisting programs related to return and recovery within the area of responsibility as below.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Support the implementation of all activities under the livelihoods portfolio of the Return and
Recovery Unit (RRU) as guided by the Team Leader, in line with livelihoods technical tools;
- Participate in assessments including labour market assessments and supply chain mapping, under the guidance of the Team Leader and Regional Coordinator;
- Assist in the mapping of service providers for Vocational Training, On-Job-Training, Job Placement, and Farming Training as required. Identify and coordinate with potential private companies for the implementation of job placements, and On-Job-Training;
- Ensure appropriate selection of project beneficiaries by conducting interviews, registering, and profiling applicants using specific criteria;
- Support IOM selected individuals by facilitating orientation meetings, business trainings, and/or one-to-one counseling sessions as necessary and support them in the formulation of their business plans;
- Travel to project sites on a regular basis to monitor individuals who have received IOM livelihoods assistance, ensure that activities are being carried out in accordance with livelihoods guidelines and provide guidance to the Team Leaders in order to make necessary improvements or changes to livelihoods service delivery;
- Ensure that all distributions of tools and equipment are monitored for both quality and quantity and that relationship management with vendors is maintained in project locations;
- Organize and conduct satisfaction and feedback surveys in order to improve future livelihoods projects;
- In coordination with the Team Leader, coordinate with the relevant government authorities, business associations and private sector companies to implement IOM’s livelihoods projects;
- Monitor achievements in accordance with work plans and report progress to the Livelihoods Team and Team Leader to improve delivery of livelihoods assistance;
- Coordinate with field staff and the Information Management (IM) unit to maintain up-to-date and accurate beneficiary data in the IOM Portal;
- Provide support as required for the implementation of other elements of field team activity including those related to community engagement and engineering;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in social sciences, or equivalent combination of relevant training and practical experience;
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in social projects/community stabilization though a gender point and experience with international organization is an advantage
- Excellent command of English and Arabic are required.
- Any other language is an asset.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via a link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.