Catholic Relief Services (CRS) carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
In partnership with Caritas Iraq, CRS Iraq is supporting conflict-affected people to live in dignity through the provision of critical relief items, upgrades to shelter conditions and improved access to water and sanitation facilities, educational and psychosocial (PSS) support for children, and livelihoods support. CRS Iraq has recently established its social cohesion program, which seeks to build mutual understanding, tolerance and trust among religious and ethnic minority and majority groups with an initial focus on the Ninewa Plains.
As a member of the Livelihoods team, the Project Assistant (PA) will provide service in the day-to-day delivery of responsive, effective and efficient project administrative activities for Catholic Relief Services’ livelihoods project in Ninewa. The PA will provide consistent and high-quality service and contribute to the proper stewardship of project resources to help ensure operational effectiveness in support of high-quality programming.
- Facilitate communication with all members of the project team, relevant staff in other departments/teams and external stakeholders as relevant. Send/receive and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail/faxes/letters/documents.
- Support activities in the field throughout the implementation process, according to detailed plans. Activities will likely include support for assessments, livelihoods registration and selection steps, workshops on business planning, cash grant distributions, and monitoring.
- Provide specialized project administrative transactions and processes (e.g. translate, type, proofread, and/or format documents; record and transcribe meeting minutes; draft correspondence messages).
- Prepare transactional documents in support of project operations processes and support and facilitate coordination of transaction processing (e.g. payment requests, etc.).
- Compile and manage data, perform data entry and data verification in relation to project administration and implementation processes (e.g. contact lists, beneficiary information, beneficiary documentation, indicator tracking sheets).
- Support travel and logistics arrangements for staff and visitors. Schedule and coordinate appointments. Provide logistical and communication support to event planning activities.
- Support implementation of property management processes, such as property receipt and distribution, property labeling, physical counts, etc.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma required. University degree preferred.
- Two years of experience working in a clerical or administrative role. Experience with a local or international NGO strongly preferred.
- Additional education may substitute for some experience.
- Experience with typing/word processing, data entry into online databases and forms, and working with various office equipment.
- Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and information management systems. Proficient in Word.
- Good time management skills with ability to work on multiple tasks.
- Strong customer service orientation with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented.
- Ability to handle high-pressure tasks and meet deadlines in an emergency response environment.
Required/Desired Foreign Language: Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic is required. Proficiency in other languages (Turkman, Kurdish, Assyrian) is desirable.
Travel Required: This position is based in Mosul with travel to field locations, including extensive travel within Ninewa governorate. Periodic travel to other areas of Iraq as needed.
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Livelihoods Program Manager, Project Manager, Project Officers; Head of Programming; MEAL Project Manager, Procurement and Finance staff
External: Caritas Iraq; other operational partners and colleague organizations; local government
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Trusting Relationships
- Professional Growth
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please submit your CV via link below,