Title: Loan Officer
Reporting to: Project Manager
Location: Ramadi, Iraq
Travel: Frequent Travel between project sites
For over 100 years, NEF has worked to build more sustainable, prosperous, and inclusive communities in the Middle East and Africa through education, governance, and economic development initiatives. Its programs are organized around three themes: Inclusive Economic Development, Climate-resilient Development, and Stabilization and Peacebuilding.
In Iraq, NEF is establishing a new program to equip and roll out structured agribusiness support services across Anbar governorate. The Loan Officer will:
- oversee and lead on the lending operations;
- support the applicant outreach process;
- conduct periodic site visits to borrowers;
- conduct follow up on delinquencies; and
- act as a liaison between potential borrowers, partners, and NEF.
- Lead the outreach efforts and site visits;
- Supervise education of borrowers on loan process;
- Manage relationship with borrowers and local communities in cooperation with Siraj center managers;
- Monitor the loan portfolio and highlight negative indicators;
- Follow up on delinquencies and repayments collections;
- Provide the needed support in credit-decision making process;
- Provide the needed support in processing loan repayment and disbursement transactions when required;
- Operate in compliance with laws and regulations and adhere to lending compliance guidelines.
Qualifications and Requirements
- BS degree in finance, accounting, economics, or a related field;
- 2 years’ experience with a financial services institution;
- Experience in conducting site visits to businesses;
- Good understanding of local market settings;
- Excellent communications skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft products;
- Capacity to work independently, and collaboratively in a team environment;
- Strong organizational skills and excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills; and
- Ability to multitask under pressure, meet tight deadlines and deliver quality results.
NEF will accept applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. The deadline will be on June 18, 2023.
Please apply by submitting the following documents to the Near East Foundation Careers page at https://neareast.bamboohr.com/careers/297?source=aWQ9MjE%3D :
- Cover letter outlining relevant experience and skills based on the requirements outlined above;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- List of three references (including one from current, or most recent, employer).
Applicants are strongly encouraged to familiarize themselves with the Near East Foundation by visiting the NEF website at www.neareast.org.
The Near East Foundation promotes Equal Opportunities for all applicants seeking employment and NEF employees.
Females are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any Employment with the Near East Foundation will be subject to the following checks prior to start date:
- A satisfactory Restricted Party Screening;
- Receipt of satisfactory references;
- Proof of eligibility to work in the national location for this role.