Triangle Génération Humanitaire (TGH) is an international non-governmental organisation (NGO) designing and implementing emergency, post-emergency and development programs since 1994. The programs fall within the fields of water, hygiene and sanitation (WASH), civil engineering (Shelter), food security, rural development (Livelihood), socio-educational and psychosocial support (Protection). In 2017, its committed teams operate in 11 countries in Asia, Africa and Middle-East Region and manage 68 programs.
TGH is working in KR-I since June 2013, mainly providing socio-educational and psychosocial services to Syrian refugees and IDPs.
TGH is working in KR-I since June 2013, providing WASH in schools, winterization distribution, cash for education, Case management and psychosocial support as well as livelihood activities to Syrian refugees and IDPs. Following a 18-month project to build the capacity of the Directorate of Social Affairs (DoSA) / Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (MoLSA), the present project has been designed to continue the strengthening of the child protection services provision (notably of case management) in Iraqi Kurdistan by reinforcing the capacities of MoLSA/DoSA social workers and NGOs in Erbil, Dohuk, Suleymaniyah and Halabja Governorates.
JOB OBJECTIVE :
The Logistics Assistant will organize and supervise logistic support for field and technical operations of the programmes and the mission according to TGH procedures.
He/she will assist the Logistics Coordinator and Deputy Logistics Coordinator in the implementation of a logistic system. possibility to travel to Sinjar districts
Responsibility 1: Drivers & Fleet Management
- Manage drivers and vehicles’ fleet, establish vehicle movement schedules
- Follow vehicle rental contracts
- Permanently ensure that all drivers have received general training and carry out regular testing
- Ensure that drivers are aware and respect safety rules and procedures
- Check that vehicle log books are in place and are used correctly
- Ensure that all vehicles have accompanying administrative documents and that these are correctly filed and monitored, ensure that safety equipment is available on board of all vehicles
- Organise, follow and provide documents for transportations of materials to programmes and bases
- Prepare and proceed to interviews/tests of new drivers with the Logistics Coordinator support
Responsibility 2: Equipment/Telecommunications Management
- Update inventory in real time
- Ensure the good Log Coding of every equipment
- Optimize distribution of materials according to task needs
- Organize the installation, safe-guarding and monitoring of materials
Responsibility 3: Management and Monitoring of IT Equipment
- Update antivirus software
- Implement backup and data-protection procedures
- Ensure the maintenance and correct use of IT equipment
- Provide technical assistance to teams
Responsibility 4: Security
- Assist Admin/Finance officer to obtain authorizations access from authorities
- Pass on any security-related information to his/her line manager
- Implement team safety measures as determined by the coordination team
- Ensure to have sufficient and updated safe box in each TGH building
- Ensure to have sufficient security equipment in each TGH building and vehicles
- Participate in security training organization and implementation (with Field Coordinator)
- Support teams in safety rules and procedures
Responsibility 5: Supplies Management
- Ensure material is stored under suitable conditions and monitor expiration dates when relevant
- Ensure procedures are followed as stock is checked in and out
- Follow and update each Stock management tools/documents
- Ensure a monthly physical stock inventory
Responsibility 6: Maintenance of the office and the guesthouse
- Carry out all minor works /repairs for the office and the guesthouse
- Supervise and monitor the progress of rehabilitation & construction
Responsibility 7: Participate in market survey and purchase process
- Participate in updating suppliers and price list
- Participate in following market prices
- Participate in assessing new supplier
- Participate in performing quotations with suppliers
- Proceed to quotations and purchases under the supervision of the Logistic Coordinator
The list above is not strictly definitive; an employee working within the framework of these tasks may carry out other tasks if asked to do so by his/her line manager.
· Bachelor’s Degree or relevant vocational training
· Fluency in English and Arabic is required, oral and written
· Able to work with MS-Office, E-mail and internet
· A previous experience in an international NGOs and/or institution is mandatory
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work and deal successfully in multi-cultural environment
· Committed, organized, team spirit, honest and eager to learn and improve
Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered.
Please send your application (letter of motivation + CV in English with copy of Diplomas), and titled as ( Logistic Assistant- Mosul)to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 22nd May 2019.