The World Service (WS) is LWF’s internationally recognized humanitarian and development arm. It has earned a distinguished record by linking timely, compassionate and professional emergency response with excellence in rehabilitation, reconstruction and effective long-term development efforts. Mandated by the communion of the LWF to carry out effective and empowering programing addressing human sufferings, injustice and emergencies, LWF World Service works with and for vulnerable and crisis-affected populations to achieve justice, peace and sustainable lives.
LWF Iraq has worked in Northern Iraq / Iraqi Kurdistan since 2014 and has been registered with the Kurdistan Regional Government since 2015. It has offices in Dohuk and Erbil. As an active member in WASH, Livelihood & Social Cohesion and SGBV/Protection Working Groups, LWF Iraq cooperates closely with relevant UN agencies, other INGOs, local NGOs and local authorities. All LWF Iraq ongoing programs in the field of WASH, Protection (PSS), Peace-building and Livelihoods contribute to the Iraq Humanitarian Response Plan and comply with the Core Humanitarian Standard. LWF currently implements activities in the areas of Dohuk and Nineveh Governorates. Through partners, LWF Iraq has reached Salah Al-Din, Bagdad and Anbar Governorates serving IDPs, returnees and host communities in and outside camp settlements.
Scope of work:
The Logistic Assistant is responsible for providing procurement capacity and support to the day-to-day management of the Logistic and functions in the LWF Iraq program following the LWF standard procurement procedures. The logistic assistant will ensure to arrange for all the procurement procedures under ILO-PROSPECTS project.
- Verifies purchase requisitions by comparing items requested; clarifying unclear items; recommending alternatives.
- Process and respond to purchase requests in a timely manner.
- Ensure all LWF policies and procedures are followed for the procurement process.
- Ensure that the procurement threshold guidelines for Iraq are followed.
- Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price.
- Obtains purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders.
- Verifies and Prepare GRN for receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with suppliers.
- Update the assets list and make inventory for LWF stock regularly.
- Follow all procedures related to delivery and dispatch of commodities as requested with the help of Logistics Officer.
- Assist in Maintaining the warehouse and the update to date monitoring of stocks.
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures.
- Oversee the activities of the driver, plan the vehicles needed to transport staff to the field sites, meeting and other locations, check the vehicles regularly and all documents are properly filled.
- Follow up on access permission in Ninewa.
- Carry out any other duties as requested by the LWF Iraq Logistics Officer within scope of work.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent is a standard requirement
- At least Two years experience working with an international or local nongovernmental organization (NGO) in Procurement/logistics.
- Good spoken and written English, Arabic and Kurdish is an advantage.
- Ability to travel throughout Dohuk and Ninewa governorates.
- Ability to work in potentially insecure environments and challenging conditions
- Ability to serve as a respectful team player within a multicultural and diverse workplace, including persons with specific needs or other vulnerabilities.
- A high respect to maintain client and organization confidentiality.
- Successful in this role you must have: good experience in managing procurement; with a high regard toward preserving confidentiality of work-related information and data.
LWF values diversity in its staff and would therefore particularly welcome applications from groups underrepresented in its current team, including people living with disability.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their complete application (CV)
by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate “Logistic Assistant” in the e-mail title.
ENGLISH (CV) ONLY
Only suitable candidates will be contacted.