NRC in Iraq
The unfolding crisis in Iraq is one of the most complex humanitarian emergencies in the world today, with millions of uprooted Iraqis, and hundreds of thousands of Syrian refugees. For the past several years, millions of people have been displaced from and within Iraq as a result of military operations. At the end of 2015, the Iraqi Security Forces (ISF) began a military operation to enter and retake control of parts of the country under the control of armed opposition groups, especially in the Anbar governorate. Civilians have been caught in the crossfire.
NRC has been present in Iraq since 2010, with offices located in Baghdad, Erbil, Dohuk, Kirkuk, and Mosul. We have scaled up our response across Iraq to meet the large-scale crisis facing the country, reaching Iraqis with emergency assistance and supporting Syrian refugees as they live in exile. Our goal is to always be prepared to work in new settings, so we are establishing more local partnerships in Iraq. Additionally, NRC is part of the UNICEF and WFP-led Rapid response mechanism (RRM), which enables us to reach newly displaced populations with the most urgent life-saving assistance.
Today, NRC is one of the biggest cash providers in Iraq. Our emergency assistance also includes distributing food rations, hygiene kits, water and basic non-food items (NFIs). In the winter months, we also provide blankets and heaters. We pay particular attention to gender equality and ending gender-based violence (GBV).
The purpose of the assistant position is to assist in the day to day implementation of the support functions responsibilities. Use actions words such as conduct or assist for the position relevant responsibilities.
· Receive requisitions and source bids & quotations for the purchases goods and services in accordance with NRC procurement regulations identification.
· Liaise with suppliers to ensure promote and accurate delivery of goods and services and received in good condition as per invoices, delivery notes and packing lists.
· Maintenance proper files of requisitions, quantities, quotations, evaluation forms and purchase orders in compliance with NRC logistic policy and audit/donor requirements under the guidance of AM, coordinate with program teams for timely delivery and distribution of goods & services for beneficiaries.
- Provide regular case documentation and written reports on time to the supervisor.
- Prepare and share plans, records and reports as required (e.g. status reports, inventory lists.
- Conduct spot checks, and regular stock counts of all Assets and inventory.
· Organize for the dispatch of goods and equipment to field offices and coordinate loading and assign duties as required ensure that proper procurement tracking system are in place.
- Prepares orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area.
· Preparing of competitive bid analysis and issuing purchase order according to NRC procurement SOP.
- Negotiation and contracting with suppliers, vendors, providers and contractors of goods and services protecting the interest of NRC in same in relation to pricing, quality, time, delivery etc.
- Make sure of updating statues of PRs and POs on procurement tracker sheet.
· Registering and tagging new assets UNIT 4 updating asset report accordingly.
· make sure of proper assets hand over by using Equipment check in-out form.
- Archiving all documents related to logistics departments on Office 365 in daily basis.
- Frequent visits to field offices for daily logistics operation.
- Updating procurement tracking Sheet regularly and submit the Report to logistics officer on monthly basis.
Our Ideal Candidate:
Experience from working as a Support Function Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context, Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts, Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities, Good computer application skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, power point, database and network communication.