Background about the Agency:
Founded in 2003, WRO is a non-profit, non-government and independent organization dedicated to working towards the protection and advancement of all members of societies across Iraq and the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KRI). WRO supports the needs of Syrian refugee, Iraqi IDP, and host community women, men, and children in prevention and response to sexual/gender based violence (SGBV) and increasing their access to quality economic, protection, food, health, education, shelter and legal services. WRO has become a local and regional expert in SGBV prevention and response, economic empowerment, and integrated programming. WRO has over a thirteen year history of collaborative work at the national, regional and international level working with organizations such as UNHCR, UNIDO, UNOPS, UNFPA, IRC, the Global Fund, WVI, IFA, Global Medic, German Government, ASODH, UN Women, WFWI, Japan Government, DRC, NDI, LWF, IRI, , Global Affairs Canada, US Embassy regional reconstruction and Provincial teams and the Iraqi Civil Society Program Organization. WRO has delivered over 45 humanitarian and development projects focused on Stabilization and Reconciliation, Peace building, SGBV prevention and response, psychological MHPSS and physical health, formal and non-formal education, capacity building, protection, wash, legal, advocacy, livelihoods, political and economic participation, voter and democratic awareness, and reconstruction.
Location: Erbil , Iraq with frequent travels to mission areas in Ninawah and Duhok.
Purpose of position
The Logistic and Admin Officer is responsible for providing support in the various admin and logistic functions, which include assists in the life cycle of a product, including acquisition, purchasing, distribution, internal allocation, delivery and final disposal of resources
As the Logistics Officer:
The incumbent will be responsible for the below main duties:-
- Receive shipments and ensure both quality and quantity
- Manage, trace, track and expedite purchase processes
- Create PRs and maintain contact with vendors and customers to ensure timely delivery of goods
- Interact with third party logistics service providers
- Ensure accuracy of all inventories and stock records.
- Maintain communication with warehouse staff to ensure proper working order
- Review bills, invoices and purchase orders
- Coordinating drivers, vehicles, loads and journeys
- Ensure all payments are processed in time
- Assist customers with inquiries
- Organize files both manually and electronically
- Monitor and facilitate repair orders
- Coordinate deliveries for repaired or returned items
- Ensure that the warehouse has sufficient space for incoming deliveries
- Ensure that all items are properly numbered and tagged
- Dispose of unserviceable or damaged items
- Conduct safety procedures for outbound shipment vehicle
- Reconcile hand receipts
- Manage warehouse security related work.
- Perform other related duties as required
- Bachelor degree in Business management is preferable
- 2 years of experience in related domains with NGO/INGOs
- Master degree is a plus
- Fluent in English, Arabic, and Kurdish
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Administrative functions
- Procurement and logistic function
- an understanding of relevant legislation, policies and procedures
- an understanding of the cultural and political environment
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
- Languages: Kurdish and Arabic, and to be fluent in English
- Supervisory skills
- Team building skills
- Problem solving skills
- Basic counseling skills
- Negotiations skills
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Computer skills including the ability to operate spreadsheets and word processing programs at a highly proficient level
- Effective written communications
- Stress management skills
- Time management skills
- Familiar with warehouse and shipping operations
- Fleet Management skills
- Administrative skills
- 9 months, extendable.
- Salary is negotiable
- 18 paid leaves
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit CV and cover letter including earliest available start date and salary expectations to: email@example.com Subject Line: Logistics Officer_ Your Name. Please note applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
In the email please mention your earliest date to start.
Please note that applications have no Logistic and Administration Experience will NOT be reviewed.
Thank you very much for your interest, as we are not able to reply to all applications, if your profile meets our needs we will keep in on file for future opportunities. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted in due time.