Triangle Génération Humanitaire (TGH) is an international non-governmental organisation (NGO) designing and implementing emergency, post-emergency and development programs since 1994. The programs fall within the fields of water, hygiene and sanitation (WASH), civil engineering (Shelter), food security, rural development (Livelihood), socio-educational and psychosocial support (Protection). In 2017, its committed teams operate in 11 countries in Asia, Africa and Middle-East Region and manage 68 programs.
TGH is working in KR-I since June 2013, mainly providing socio-educational and psychosocial services to Syrian refugees and IDPs.
TGH is working in KR-I since June 2013, providing WASH in schools, winterization distribution, cash for education, Case management and psychosocial support as well as livelihood activities to Syrian refugees and IDPs. Following a 18-month project to build the capacity of the Directorate of Social Affairs (DoSA) / Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (MoLSA), the present project has been designed to continue the strengthening of the child protection services provision (notably of case management) in Iraqi Kurdistan by reinforcing the capacities of MoLSA/DoSA social workers and NGOs in Erbil, Dohuk, Suleymaniyah and Halabja Governorates.
Organizing and supervising logistic support to all TGH activities in Baghdad-Balad area, including all technical assistance related to Baghdad base and Balad office (premises, security, equipment well-functioning and available) and technical support to field activities, according to TGH and donors’ protocols and standards, in order to ensure an optimal running of the project.
The Logistic Officer will be in charge of:
Responsibility 1: Supply chain process and Management
- Implement existing framework contracts
- Explain TGH procedures and General Conditions of Negotiated Procedure or Tender to Suppliers
- Participate in following market prices, updating suppliers and price list
- Participate in assessing new supplier, negotiate price, delivery time and other terms when needed
- Create purchase file, proceed to quotations and purchases under the supervision of Log Coordinator
- Register Purchase Service Request, sort and group them
- Collect quotations and ensure all the requested information are identified on the quotations
- Prepare Purchase documents (Evaluation Grid, Purchase Orders, Receipt Note), in accordance with TGH procurement procedures and under supervision of Logistics Coordinator
- Compile purchase files with all necessary documents
- Update and follow the purchase follow up (PFU) and the purchase list
- Proceed to purchases for programs once all the documentation is validated
- Check the quantity and the quality of the merchandise purchased and ensure the delivery deadlines
- Complete payments to suppliers as required, in coordination with the finance department
- Control the conformity of the goods upon suppliers delivery
- Transfer the goods to the applicant making sure reception is validated
- Ensure clean archiving of all documentation
- Ensure material is stored under suitable conditions and monitor expiration dates
- Ensure procedures are followed as stock is checked in and out
- Follow and update Stock Report, ensure that all documentation linked to stock is complete and correct
- Proceed to a monthly physical stock inventory
- Implement team safety measures as determined by the coordination team
- Management, capacity building, evaluation of the guards
- Support teams in safety rules and procedures
- Pass on any security-related information to his/her line manager
- Ensure to have sufficient security equipment (including safe box) in each TGH building
- Participate in security training organization and implementation (with Logistics Coordinator and Security Officer)
- Ensure that safety equipment is available on board of all vehicles
Responsibility 3: Drivers & Fleet Management
- Permanently ensure that all drivers have received general training and carry out regular testing, control that drivers are aware and respect safety rules and procedures
- Management, capacity building, evaluation of the drivers
- Follow vehicle rental contracts
- Establish vehicle movement schedules weekly
- Check that vehicle log books are in place and are used correctly
- Ensure that all vehicles have accompanying administrative documents and that these are correctly filed and monitored
- Organise, follow and provide documents for transportation of materials to programs
- Prepare and proceed to interviews/tests of new drivers with the Logistics Coordinator support
Responsibility 4: Equipment/Telecommunications Management
- Update inventory in real time
- Ensure the good Log Coding of every equipment
- Optimize distribution of materials according to task needs
- Organize the installation, safe-guarding and monitoring of materials
- Train teams in the use of these communication means
Responsibility 5: Management and Monitoring of IT Equipment
- Update antivirus software
- Implement backup and data-protection procedures
- Ensure the maintenance and correct use of IT equipment
- Provide technical assistance to teams
Responsibility 6: Premises management : offices and guesthouse
- Assist in installing and securing materials in the buildings.
- Ensure good supply of consumables in Baghdad base such as stationeries and cleaning materials
- Organize the maintenance of the materials and building of the base.
- Organize with the contractor the maintenance operation.
Responsibility7: Reporting and capitalization
- Weekly logistic planning in collaboration with Log Coordinator, reporting on all ongoing tasks, needs and issues
- Monthly logistic reporting: Vehicle logbooks, Purchase list and Follow-Up, Equipment Inventory
- Ensure that internal order forms are monitored and that the status of each order is given to the person waiting
- Ensure the compilation of price and supplier lists
- Provide the coordination team with all information needed to draft intermediary and final reports
The Logistic Officer may be requested to perform other tasks requested by his/ her supervisor.
· Bachelor’s Degree or relevant vocational training
· Fluency in English and Arabic is required, oral and written
· Driving license
· Able to work with MS-Office, E-mail and internet
· A previous experience in an international NGOs and/or institution is a mandatory
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work and deal successfully in multi-cultural environment
· Committed, organized, team spirit, honest and eager to learn and improve
We require candidate with minimum two years professional experience in child protection + one year officer professional experience
Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered.
Please send your application (letter of motivation + CV in English with copy of Diplomas), and titled as “Logistic Officer-Baghdad ” to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 19th June 2019.