If you do not meet the minimum requirements as outlined in the section ‘Essential Qualifications & Experience’, please do not apply.
Please read the job description in full before applying.
Triangle Génération Humanitaire (TGH) is an international non-governmental organisation (NGO) designing and implementing emergency, post-emergency and development programs since 1994. The programs fall within the fields of water, hygiene and sanitation (WASH), civil engineering (Shelter), food security, rural development (Livelihood), socio-educational and psychosocial support (Protection). In 2021, its committed teams operate in 9 countries in Asia, Africa and Middle-East Region.
TGH has been working in Iraq since June 2013, providing WASH in schools, winterization distribution, cash for education, Case management and psychosocial support as well as livelihood activities to Syrian refugees and IDPs in KRI. TGH developed its expertise in delivering Child Protection assistance to displaced, refugee and host children in camp and out-of-camp settings. TGH has been working in the capacity building of the General Directorate of Social Care and Development (GDSCD, more commonly referred to as DoSA / Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (MoLSA) in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KR-I), the Social Protection Department in Ninewa and a National NGO in the Centre and South of Federal Iraq to strengthen the child protection case management systems.
The present project “Improving the protective environment for returnees and out-of-camp displaced children and their communities in underserved areas of Ninewa and Sulaymaniyah governorates” The project aims at providing timely, culturally appropriate and gender sensitive child protection (CP) and legal services (GP) to conflict affected communities, while strengthening community-based mechanisms of risks prevention and response.
JOB OBJECTIVE :
Organizing and supervising logistic support to all TGH activities in Salah Al-Din area, including all technical assistance related to the office & Guest House (premises, security, equipment well-functioning and available) and technical support to field activities, according to TGH and donors’ protocols and standards, in order to ensure an optimal running of the project.
JOB FUNCTION :
Responsibility 1: Supply chain process and Management
- Implement existing framework contracts
- Explain TGH procedures and General Conditions of Negotiated Procedure or Tender to Suppliers
- Participate in following market prices, updating suppliers and price list
- Participate in assessing new supplier, negotiate price, delivery time and other terms when needed
- Create purchase file, proceed to quotations and purchases under the supervision of Logistics Manager
- Register Purchase Service Request, sort and group them
- Collect quotations and ensure all the requested information are identified on the quotations
- Prepare Purchase documents (Evaluation Grid, Purchase Orders, Receipt Note), in accordance with TGH procurement procedures and under supervision of Logistics Coordinator
- Compile purchase files with all necessary documents
- Update and follow the purchase follow up (PFU) and the purchase list
- Proceed to purchases for programs once all the documentation is validated
- Check the quantity and the quality of the merchandise purchased and ensure the delivery deadlines
- Complete payments to suppliers as required, in coordination with the finance department
- Control the conformity of the goods upon suppliers delivery
- Transfer the goods to the applicant making sure reception is validated
- Ensure clean archiving of all documentation
- Ensure material is stored under suitable conditions and monitor expiration dates
- Ensure procedures are followed as stock is checked in and out
- Follow and update Stock Report, ensure that all documentation linked to stock is complete and correct
- Proceed to a monthly physical stock inventory
- Implement team safety measures as determined by the coordination team
- Management, capacity building, evaluation of the guards
- Support teams in safety rules and procedures
- Pass on any security-related information to his/her line manager
- Ensure to have sufficient security equipment (fire extinguishers, safe box…) in each TGH building
- Participate in security training organization and implementation (with Logistics Coordinator)
- Ensure that safety equipment is available on board of all vehicles
Responsibility 3: Drivers & Fleet Management
- Permanently ensure that all drivers have received general training and carry out regular testing, control that drivers are aware and respect safety rules and procedures
- Management, capacity building, evaluation of the drivers
- Follow vehicle rental contracts
- Establish vehicle movement schedules weekly
- Check that vehicle log books are in place and are used correctly
- Ensure that all vehicles have accompanying administrative documents and that these are correctly filed and monitored
- Organise, follow and provide documents for transportation of materials to programs
- Prepare and proceed to interviews/tests of new drivers with the Logistics Manager support
Responsibility 4: Equipment/Telecommunications Management
- Update inventory in real time
- Ensure the good Log Coding of every equipment
- Optimize distribution of materials according to task needs
- Organize the installation, safe-guarding and monitoring of materials
- Train teams in the use of these communication means
Responsibility 5: Management and Monitoring of IT Equipment
- Update antivirus software
- Implement backup and data-protection procedures
- Ensure the maintenance and correct use of IT equipment
- Provide technical assistance to teams
Responsibility 6: Premises management: offices and guesthouse
- Assist in installing and securing materials in the buildings.
- Ensure good supply of consumables in Salah Al-Din base such as stationeries and cleaning materials
- Organize the maintenance of the materials and building of the base.
- Organize with the contractor the maintenance operation.
Responsibility7: Reporting and capitalization
- Weekly logistic follow-up in collaboration with Log Manager, reporting on all ongoing tasks, needs and issues
- Monthly logistic reporting: Vehicle logbooks, Purchase list and Follow-Up, Equipment Inventory, Monthly stock Report, logistics reports.
- Ensure that internal order forms are monitored and that the status of each order is given to the person waiting
- Ensure the compilation of price and supplier lists
- Provide the coordination team with all information needed to draft intermediary and final reports
The Logistic Officer may be requested to perform other tasks requested by his/ her supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree on Business management or in Logistics
- 2 years experience in Logistics is mandatory
- 1 year experience in procurement
- 2 years experience with INGO
- Fluency in English and Arabic is mandatory, oral and written
- Driving license
- IT background: MS-Office, E-mail, internet, laptop maintenance
- Technical background: Engineering
- Fleet management background
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work and deal successfully in multi-cultural environment
- Committed, diplomatic, organized, team spirit, honest, strong communication skills, flexible
- Ability on working under pressure and independently
Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered.
Send letter of motivation together with a CV.
Please send your application, in English with copy of Diplomas, and titled as “Logistic officer” to
no later than 5th July 2022.
Due to the urgent need of the position, TGH reserves the right to close applications before the above-mentioned deadline of applications
*** applicants from local vicinity have distinct advantage.