Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- To carry out procurements processes in Erbil and where items are not locally available Liaise with the Logistics Manager regarding International procurement.
- To carry out procurement of items based on authorized requisitions, in line with VIYAN Organization procedures.
- To conduct full tender processes and be accountable for ensuring such processes are conducted according donor and VIYAN Organization policies.
- To liaise closely with the Logistics Manager and programme teams on all procurements.
- To ensure continued good relations with suppliers, that Supplier Relationship Management is maintained at all times and that Service Level Agreements are accurately monitored and reported on.
- Ensure regular checks are carried out on price comparisons and that materials/items costs are monitored effectively.
- Ensure visibility of information (PO Tracking, Supplier Database, Cost Database) by providing updates to key programme staff on a regular basis.
- Ensure best quality/value solutions are sought for all procured items.
- To ensure that suppliers provide proper documentation for goods and services provided to VIYAN Organization.
- To keep proper records of expenditures and be responsible for financial transactions carried out.
- To ensure that all transactions are carried out in a transparent, fair and accountable manner.
- To ensure that all activities are carried out according to VIYAN Organization logistics, purchasing and supply policy.
- To ensure that all working practices are adhered to according to VIYAN Organization guidelines.
- Submit reports monthly to the Logistics Manager
- Ensure complete and filed paperwork so that there is a clear auditable audit trail for all transactions. (Both Physical and electrical)
2.Assets & Equipment:
- To ensure that all VIYAN Organization assets and equipment are registered.
- To manage VIYAN Organization assets and maintain the assets register.
- To maintain the Equipment Inventory Spreadsheet.
- Track all asset and equipment movements
3.Fleet Management & Transport:
- Supervise and plan vehicle allocation in order to optimally serve the needs of the program and to regulate the use of vehicles for the Programme
- Work with other staff member to make sure security and safety procedures followed for any Vehicle movements.
- Managing & Preparing vehicles rental and their contracts and processing payment of the contracts monthly.
- Organizes for transportation of project materials from designated sources to the final destinations by the most cost effective and efficiency in coordination with the procurement and warehouse team and communicate with suppliers providing transportation for this purpose.
- Ensure the VIYAN Organization rented vehicles movement guidelines are implemented and keep vehicle flies for all documentations for each vehicle and make sure that the vehicle daily logbook is maintained.
- Regular inspection of the vehicles to ensure they meet the safety standard.
- Some tasks might require travelling outside the work base to support teams in field and project locations as designated by line manager within the logistic activities.
- To cover for the Procurement Officer during his absence.
- Based in Erbil.
- 1 year experience working.
- Fluent in both Arabic and Kurdish Languages, with good command of English Language, both writing and speaking.
- Proficiency in MS Office package including MS Excel, MS Word and MS Outlook.
- Able to communicate clearly and confidently with people from different backgrounds.
- A time player, able to work under pressure and able to multi-task.
- Flexible, hardworking, honest and trust worthy.
- Have a drive license (Preferable)
Qualified candidates may send their applications to the e-mail address
The application must include a maximum 2-page Updated CV.
As the subject of e-mail should be named with the position title "Logistic-Officer"
VIYAN reserves the right of starting the interviews with selected candidates before the closing date.