The Logistician is responsible for managing and tracking the importing and supply of resources and equipment for the HALO Iraq programme. The logistician’s role is to enable operations and support, helping staff to make requests for materials and equipment required during the work cycle and ensuring accountability and record-keeping. The Logistician will work closely with the finance, admin and fleet departments to assist with the procurement process and to oversee the management of HALO’s stores.
The Logistician will be responsible for coordinating HALO’s logistics system, keeping inventory of the stores and issuing supplies. The Logistician is responsible for ensuring that HALO procedure is followed, managing accurate record keeping of all programme supplies and equipment, and overseeing the programme logistics.
- Work together with the admin department to procure quotes, purchase requests and obtain supplier information.
- Assist with maintaining a list of suppliers and quotes for common items.
- Update programme management on stock levels and recommend procurement solutions.
- Assist with the import of goods.
- Compile purchase lists in close coordination with the admin and finance departments.
- Oversee the supply in, supply out, transfer and write-off of equipment and supplies, ensuring proper record keeping.
- Ensure the programme’s capital equipment list updated
- Routinely check and ensure the logistics database is correct
- Oversee and control the stores, checking stock levels, storage conditions, and ensuring monthly 50 or 100% checks.
- Review from suppliers the procured goods and services accepting and declaring conformity or initiating guarantee claims.
- Coordinate transportation of goods between locations
- Oversee the store person in each location and requests for supplies received from the field.
- Check quantities, quality and report to the admin department upon receipt of new items.
- Monitor the servicing and maintenance of equipment, reporting problems up to senior management
- In coordination with fleet manager dispatch, track and receive equipment to/from locations
- Help with other projects as needed
In general the logistician will be responsible for:
- Supporting importing equipment, clearing through customs
- Co-ordinating with other HALO offices and programmes on procurement, requesting supplies
- Keeping good relationships with suppliers
- Managing stores
- Managing Stock control
- Record keeping
- Organising support to field operations
- Organising office and accommodation improvements and maintenance
The HALO Trust team in Iraq works a Saturday – Thursday schedule
Job to start: June 2020
Working hours: 08.00 – 17.00 (1 hour for lunch break)
Salary: Depending on experience
Benefits: Paid leave, life Insurance, HALO uniform
The HALO Trust abides by Iraq labour law and is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. In particular women are encouraged to apply.
- Experienced using Microsoft Office, with proficiency in Excel
- 5+ years logistics experience
- Database management and record-keeping
- Spoken and written English – Fluent level
- Driving license
Deadline for applications : May 31st 2020
To apply please email a CV (including expected salary) and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org