Job Title: Logistics and Fleet assistant
Job Group: Operations
Duty Station: Erbil, Iraq with frequent visits to Ninewa Govenorate
Administrative Line Manager: Operations Coordinator
Technical Line Manager: Operations Coordinator
Line Management Responsibility: N/A
The assistant is a member of the Operations team responsible for providing necessary transportation and logistics assistance to the NPIQ country programmes. This includes supervising, monitoring (tracking) and reporting transportation of all NPIQ staff. Organizing drivers shifts and their supervision. Monitoring and controlling of the car maintenance including safety and security equipment. Other logistical support transporting team members to meetings and other activities. It also involves providing assistance with the procurement and delivery of goods for the team of NP.
1. Fleet and tracking
- Follow NP safety and security guidelines for drivers, transportation and tracking
- Organise driver´s shifts and passengers transportation according to the needs of the mission
- Monitor, track and report all movements via regular radio checks with drivers/passengers in the field according to specific SOP
- Ensuring and checking that the standard services for vehicles are scheduled and carried out, as well as daily and weekly checks
- Management and coordination between offices of the Fleet planning.
- Supervising and ensuring that all movements are realized in a safe manner and timely according to requests.
- Ensure and managing timely, cost efficient transportation services within the area
- Ensuring and Checking that log books and vehicle equipment are maintained correctly
- Ensuring that all equipment such as (access papers, contacts lists, first aid kits, communication tools etc) are presented in cars.
- Checking rational consumption for all vehicles and motorised equipment
- Controlling and managing the mechanical stock and follow up of reparations (spare parts and consumable items)
- Supervising and training drivers, checking that NPIQ rules are applied and job descriptions are kept updated
- Organising the daily planning and use of vehicles
2. Maintenance supervision
- Ensure that vehicles are in good working condition and ensure quality and frequent maintenance to avoid damage caused by wreckless driving.
- Ensure that cars have all the necessary documentation needed for their smooth and legal operation in all NPIQ project areas.
- Ensure that vehicles are in good condition and cleaned regularly and fuel levels in the vehicle (above half-full)
- Report any problems and perform daily service checks
- Perform daily and weekly vehicle inspections
3. Drivers supervision
- Contributes to the driver's evaluation, motivation.
- Ensure that Drivers motivation is high and working conditions are appropriate
- Makes sure that drivers and passengers follow all tracking and other security procedures and reports any misconduct
- Provides drivers with necessary induction and training of NPIQ SOPS and procedures.
- Makes sure that drivers have valid all documentation they need to conduct their duties
- Assist Operations Coordinator with other ad-hoc logistics support when necessary
- Assist / stop-gap drivers when necessary
- Assist the security department if required
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
1. Education, Knowledge and Experience
- Strong commitment to safety and security
- Experience as a driver or security is an advantage, knowledge of basic vehicle maintenance is a must
- Previous experience with an International NGO and specifically within logistics and fleet management
- Minimum 1 year in an NGO sector
- Post secondary education
- Commitment to Nonviolent Peaceforce’s nonpartisan approach to working in Iraq
- Basic knowledge of computer work – email writing, excel, google maps etc.
· Ability to manage information with discretion
· Ability to set priorities, solve problems and devise practical solutions
· Flexible, energetic and adaptable
· Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
· Proven ability to build relationships
· Ability to interact confidently with colleagues and external contacts in verbal and written English
· Good spoken Arabic and Kurdish
· Basic in-field emergency maintenance
3. Other Specialized Requirements
- A full, clean Driver’s License is required.
Due to the urgency of the need to fill the position, qualified candidates who can start immediately will be prioritized. Applications will be accepted and processed on a rolling basis.
Please email your updated CV together with a letter of motivation that tells us why you are interested in this position and how you are ideally suited to this particular position.
Email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Under the subject line of Logistics and Fleet assistant
As we receive a high volume of applications for each position, only those selected for an interview will be personally contacted. Thank you for your interest in Nonviolent Peaceforce.