Mission East is an international relief and development organisation working in crisis-affected countries in the former Soviet Union, the Middle East and Asia. We deliver emergency relief during disasters as well as long-term development assistance. Mission East is based on Christian values and works to support vulnerable people and help local communities lift themselves out of poverty and marginalisation. We work directly with our beneficiaries or through local and international partners. We constantly strive to strengthen the relevance, effect and sustainability of our programmes.
In Iraq, Mission East provides assistance for both urgent basic needs for those displaced by violence as well as longer-term support for returnees and IDPs in protracted displacement settings. Our current programme includes NFI and shelter, cash transfers, WASH assistance, livelihoods support, protection and psychosocial support activities delivered through multi-purpose community centres.
More information on Mission East can be found at: http://www.missioneast.org
The Logistics Manager’s role is to consolidate a nationalised logistics and procurement function;
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- to facilitate effective programme delivery via provision of high quality logistics and procurement support to all departments
- to lead logs and procurement systems delivery and development
- to provide management to country logistics team staff.
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and etc
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full procurement cycle
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Comply with laws, regulations and ME requirements
- Manage the logs team in Erbil and other field offices
We are looking for a Logistics Manager who:
- brings a minimum 5 years of experience from working as a Logistic and/or Procurement focal point within a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience working in Iraq would be an advantage.
- With a university degree in a relevant discipline and a proven track record in effective line and team management the ideal candidate will demonstrate sympathy with Mission East organisational values and will be available to start as soon as possible.
Qualified Candidates should submit Cover Letters with their CV's in English on email@example.com with indicating the "Logistics Manager (ME/EBL/041/052020)" in the subject line of the email no later than June 1st, 2020. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Due to the urgency, Mission East reserves the right to recruit any suitable candidates before the above-mentioned deadline.
Mission East is an equal opportunity employer.