. Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager in Talafar, the Logistics Officer is responsible for the logistics needs for the offices under the guidance and supervision of the Logistics Manager. S/he provides day-to-day assistance and fully supports program logistical needs (asset management, procurement procedures and communication). The Logistics Officer will provide support to the field teams to ensure that the processes and procedures are in full compliance with MH policies and donor rules and regulations.
Working closely with program/project management, finance, security and procurement, the Logistics Officer is instrumental in supporting program activities through his/her services.
- Manages and supervises procurement procedures in Talafar
- Ensures that SOPs for logistics and procurement are followed by all staff members
- Ensures materials are received, stored, shipped, and reported in accordance with established procedures and Government guidelines/regulations. Travels to field sites to receive and inspect goods delivered directly to the field.
- Follows the procedures outlined in MH Asset Management Manual;
- Maintains an accurate, complete and up-to-date asset register and inventory list;
- Conducts regular physical counts of assets and inventory;
- Maintains proper records of disposal of assets (lost, damaged, sold, donated, stolen, or other)
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
- MH team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
- Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MH's policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
- Degree in a relevant business field is desired.
- 2-3 years of experience in supply chain management and warehouse management desired.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel.
- Ability to work under pressure and overtime when required
- Very good oral and written English and Arabic skills, knowledge in other Local languages is advantage.
- High computer skills on MS Office programs, especially in MS Excel.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action as to not delay program activities.
- A clear understanding of procurement ethics is essential.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Have the ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with project personnel
- Access to own vehicle (transport costs while procuring are at own expense)
Please send your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com with ‘Logistician Talafar’ in the subject line