KAPITA is a private sector development company that aims to empower small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) through investment, research, incubation/acceleration, and market development services.
KAPITA Investments aims to create programs and establish vehicles to facilitate investments into Iraqi startups. Our first program was the Iraqi Angel Investors Network IAIN which included more than 25 distinguished angel investors interested in developing the Iraqi ecosystem. Moreover, KAPITA currently manages the Scale-Up Academy accelerator and Orange Corners Baghdad incubator.
We are an entrepreneurial organization that believes in the power of the private sector to achieve real change and impact. Our aim is to build a strong and thriving sector in Iraq. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing firm and make a real impact.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform a valid and reliable market research SWOT analysis
- Utilize online market research and catalog findings to databases
- Devise and evaluate methods for collecting data (Surveys, Questionnaires, Opinion Polls)
- Formulate a plan and present it to senior management or a client
- Interpret data, formulate reports and make recommendations
- Gather and analyze statistical data using modern and traditional methods to collect it
- Design specific research methods such as questionnaires
- Remain fully informed on market trends, other parties research and implement best practices
Along with IAIN team, the Market analyst will participate in:
- reaching out new qualified startups and SMEs to go through an evaluation process.
- supporting the entrepreneurs in preparing the required documents and guide them on answering the investors questions.
- Participating in organizing the virtual events with regional inventors, regulators and subject matter experts on early stage investing.
- Facilitate communication between start-up companies and the legal service provider to prepare the required investment documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics/business management/ or a technical degree with extensive equivalent work experience.
- 2 years’ experience in related field
- Posses search engines, web analytics, and business research tools acumen
- Excellent knowledge of statistical packages (SPSS, SAS or similar), databases and MS Office
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Deep knowledge of data warehousing, and mining
- Adequate knowledge of data collection methods (polls, focus groups, surveys etc)
- Working knowledge with CRM programs
- Strong analytical and critical thinking
- Advise clients or senior management on the best ways to use provided data
To apply for Market Analyst position please click the link:
Submission Deadline: 27 Sep 2022
Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we will only contact short-listed candidates for further screening.
Please note that given the urgency of the vacancy the position may be filled before the due date.
Female Candidates are encouraged to apply for this role. Kapita is an equal opportunity employer, and we actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.