Hope Organization for Development and improvement is a humanitarian organization and Non-Profit organization stablished in 2007. Working in different cities in Iraq like; Ninewa, Salah-Aldin, Anbar, Kirkuk and KRI. Have an update registration in Iraq and KRI. Hope Organization is Provides Relief, Rehabilitation, Livelihood, Emergincy Response, Wash, Education, GBV sessions, PSS, Protection for Women and Children, and Reconstruction support to communities affected by wars and natural disasters in the country. Supports conflict-affected populations by strengthening the capacities of communities, civil society, and government authorities, increasing their preparedness to protect human rights through advocacy, providing basic services and promoting the well-being of the individual and the family and guarantee Women and children's rights in the community. Hope Organization is contribute in all available means to eliminate violence against women and children physically and psychologically. Hope Organization is also responding to the emergency and working in different sectors to make sure all the required support to the people receiving services In addition, HOPE membership comes from different religions and sects and nationalities, working on providing training, research, dialogue facilitation, and civil society consulting in the field of human rights, peace-building, and the rule of law in order to promote a culture of non-violence without discrimination and in accordance with Iraqi constitutional provisions and international conventions ratified by Iraq.
Under the direct supervision of the program manager in Talafar, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (national position) to ensure effective, timely and professional implementation of its programmes. The German Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) funds the project.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be responsible for monitoring the quality of implemented projects and will work on conducting needs assessments, collecting and analyzing data and will provide feedback to the programme team to allow a more effective and efficient delivery of assistance. In addition, it is expected that s/he will support project implementation in a manner that ensures the highest accountability standards for internal and external (donors)
- Support the setup of an adequate monitoring and evaluation system applicable for the whole project and for each and every project according to general MEAL strategy and project requirements.
- Support the analysis of existing tools and procedures as well as support development of new tools for needs assessment, monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning together with supporting the creation of manuals and guidelines describing monitoring tools, procedures and the MEAL system.
- Ensure transparent, accurate and timely data collection for the purposes of needs assessments, baseline studies, ongoing project monitoring, post-intervention/ post-distribution monitoring and evaluation. This involves:
- visiting project locations;
- choosing and training local enumerators as well as monitoring their work during data collection
- preparing different data collection tools and applying different data collection methods
- collecting GPS and photographic data from the field
- analyzing collected data and preparing reports
- Provide support and on-the-job training to M&E staff as needed for quality execution of their duties
- Support project implementation teams in needs assessments and establishing functional complaints and feedback mechanisms during and after project activities
- Work with Project Managers to ensure that gender and protection mainstreaming is present in all programming
- Provide input to proposals and reports as required by Project Managers.
- Organize and archive project documentation
- Carry out other duties assigned by direct supervisor.
Experience & Technical Skills
A minimum of 2 to 3 years of experience with INGO or NGO or UN agencies;
- Good command of Kurdish, Arabic and English
- Demonstrated experience with field surveys;
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and managing data bases;
- Demonstrated experience working with data collection tools such as Excel, SPSS, KoBo® or Akvo FLOW.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within teams, demonstrating the highest standards of accountability;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to work with a small team and limited resources; and
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Intercultural sensitivity.
- Initiative and Self-starter
- Facilitating Change
- Building Relations across Work Units
- Communicating with Impact
- Planning and Organizing
- Education: First level university degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, international development, economics, or related field. Advanced certificate in M&E, statistics or economics preferred.
- Extensive experience in leading M&E processes.
- data management and survey data management and analysis for large project and for public health research in resource.
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
- Proficiency in statistical software.
- Experience with project cycle of humanitarian projects.
- Experience with GIS/GPS.
Please submit your CV with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
and put in the subject: (M&E-Talafar)