Terms of Reference
Consultancy Title: M&E officer
Duty Station: Mosul - Nineveh
Start Date : TBD
Brief description of the organization
Al Mesalla for Human Resources Development is a non-governmental organization established in 2004 registered in Baghdad and Erbil with headquarters located in Erbil. The organization is working at disseminating a culture of human rights and peace building in Iraq and the Kurdistan Region. The organization is currently working along 3 programs: A non-violence and peace building program developing peace capacities within the community; a women and Gender program empowering women to take an active role in the community and a Human Rights Program which focuses especially on enhancing freedom of expression. Since June 2014, Al Mesalla developed services to the growing refugee and displaced community settling in the Kurdish Region of Iraq by participating to distributing emergency support and establishing empowerment and livelihoods programs for displaced women in particular.
- Assist the project team in implementing monitoring and evaluation activities for the field programme.
- Travel to all areas of work and conduct field-level data collection and analysis using different techniques including household surveys, market assessments, focus group discussions and key informant interviews.
- Ensure that the Community Feedback Mechanism is in place and working.
- Compile, sort and analyses the information from field visits.
- Improve Monitoring and Evaluations department processes and procedures including data collection, data entry into databases, data filing, analysis and report writing.
- Maintain up to date databases and records on beneficiaries and activity delivery to ensure timely and easy access by programme teams for activity delivery.
- Conduct data entry, cleaning and analysis into programme system
- Provide regular reports and data to the Line Manager as well as programme teams to help in activity delivery.
- Some travels required to Outside of Mosul office and other project centers.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Al-Mesalla and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in MEAL and have experience working in GBV programming.
- Experience in participatory assessment, surveys, monitoring and evaluation, training and facilitation, data processing, or analysis.
- Willingness to undertake regular field visits.
- Computer and information technology literacy, including demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Fluent in English and Arabic, Kurdish is assisted
- University degree in monitoring and evaluation/social sciences/systems science,
- Demonstrated experience in implementing beneficiary complaint and feedback mechanisms.
Al-Mesalla is an Equal Opportunity Employer Al-Mesalla considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Interested applicants must send their CV (PDF or Word) to:- firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject: M&E Officer – Mosul
Applications not meeting the specified minimum requirements or received after closing date will not be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Due to the urgency, Al -Mesala reserves the right to recruit any suitable candidates before the above-mentioned deadline