We are looking for a MEAL Officer that can providing technical assistance, or in the field collecting and managing data. Regardless of their place of work, the MEAL officer plays an important role in project in terms of reporting and analyzing.
Duties and Responsibilities
Developing strong MEAL systems requires a great deal of planning. The MEAL officer plays a key role in facilitating the input of project staff, partners and other stakeholders in project implementation and measurement activities. Responsibilities include:
· Participating in and providing support to project design activities including development of project theories of change and strategic frameworks (Results Frameworks, Log Frames)
· Developing MEAL plans
· Helping to determine performance and impact indicators and targets
· Providing support to project development for MEAL components
Day-to-Day MEAL Activities
The MEAL officer plays an essential role in tracking and updating MEAL data as well as ensuring the data is of the best quality possible. Responsibilities include:
· Implementing monitoring procedure and designing monitoring tools
· Developing data collection tools with the MEAL Manager
· Monitoring project activities, outputs and progress towards anticipated results
· Working with data platforms, databases and select technologies to capture and organize data
· Training field staff in monitoring and evaluation processes and providing ongoing coaching
· Conducting or providing support to data quality assessments
· Developing monthly, quarterly or annual reports depending on project requirements
· Disseminating evaluation findings and project results to donors and other stakeholders
MEAL professionals often provide much support to knowledge management processes within their organizations. Responsibilities can include:
· Contributing to institutional learning processes
· Convening communities of practice and other organizational learning practices
· Tracking best practices in monitoring and evaluation
Any other task designated by MEAL manager
· Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Information Management, Engineering, Finance or other relevant academic background (essential).
· At least 2 years of relevant work experience (essential)
· Attention to fine detail and identifying learning opportunities is essential
· The ability to work as part of a team and to be diplomatic in dealing with Project Mangers is essential.
Skills: Essential Abilities and Qualities.
· Social perceptiveness
· Communication and project management skills
· Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
· Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem solving and decision-making.
· Quality Control Analysis -- Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
· Developing Objectives and Strategies -- Establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them.
How to apply?
Please send your CV with title of the position you applied for in the subject line to Contact:
Email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
REACH Organization is an equal opportunity employer