The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) officer will work with the MEAL Manager to oversee M&E activities for Mercy Hands project
A Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Officer will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures
- Monitor all project activities, expenditures, and progress towards achieving the project output;
- Develop monitoring and impact indicator for the project success;
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results;
- Monitor the sustainability of the project's results;
- Suggest strategies to the Project Management for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks;
- Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities to the MEAL Director /Project Manager;
- Coordinate with donor’s MEAL Department to ensure internal monitoring meets donor
- requirements and the needs of the project
- Establish and manage a complaints feedback and response mechanism (CFRM) and ensure
- beneficiary feedback is incorporated in current and future projects
- Develop a MEAL database and methods for data collection
- Develop templates and tools for data collection and analysis
- Set up a central storage/filing place for M&E documents, templates, and reporting
- Monitor and report achievement of key indicators against donor-agreed targets
- Clean and analyze data from the field to include in reporting
- Assist with programmatic reports to the donor to ensure accurate information and data analysis is provided
- Submit regular M&E reports to the donor
- Support program team in implementing participatory methods throughout the project cycle and
- ensuring that beneficiary participation is meaningful
- Facilitate internal end-of-project reviews/learning activities to promote accountability and
- strengthen projects
- As necessary, coordinate with the donor MEAL department to plan internal evaluations or request external evaluations
- Standards, cluster/sector-specific standards) MEAL Tool
- Must be fluent in English and Arabic (spoken and written).
- 2+ years of professional work experience in monitoring and evaluation.
- Proven experience in data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Experience working with log frames and other monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Must be computer-literate, particularly in MS Excel and MS Word.
- Experience with KoBo preferred.
- Experience creating tools and delivering training preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, research methods, or any other relevant field of study preferred.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team and adhere to tight deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
- Willingness to travel throughout project sites.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Previous experience working with NGOs.