The MEAL Officer is part of the Duhok based MEAL team headed by the Program Quality and Development Manager (PQDM). The MEAL Officer will report to the MEAL Coordinator and will be responsible for the implementation, performance monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning aspects of CRAE’s GFFO, IHF and MoFA Czech funded projects in Duhok, Ninawa and Diyala Governorates and with technical guidance from the MEAL Coordinator. S/he will primarily engage in MEAL support to GFFO, IHF and MoFA Czech funded projects in Duhok, Ninawa and Diyala Governorates and will work closely with by contributing to the design of MEAL plan and data collection instruments and will induct and coordinate with project implementation team in all data collection aspects, cleaning and validation procedures, disseminate monitoring findings and follow-up on implementation of action plans to ensure the assigned projects are on track and that results contribute to the project objectives. The incumbent will conduct field monitoring trips to project locations and liaise with the project team to maintain consistent communication and data management between project implementation and MEAL team, enhance capacity, identify risk mitigation measures if obstacles arise. The position will support three projects and ensure a robust Complains and Feedback Reporting Mechanism is functional. S/he will support project implementation to ensure the highest accountability standards for (partners, client/beneficiaries and CARE office).
Start Date: July 15, 2022
Length of Contract: 5 months with possibility of extension depending on availability of funds, performance of the individual.
Reporting/Line Management – The MEAL Officer reports to MEAL Coordinator
Position Location: Duhok Office with 40% travel to GFFO, IHF and MoFA Czech project sites in Duhok, Ninawa and Diyala Governorates.
Key Internal Contacts: CARE Iraq Program and Support staff
Key External Contacts: local authorities including camp management, other local and international agencies, beneficiary groups.
Developing project MEAL plans and review progress
- Support the M&E Coordinator in the formulation of project MEAL Plans and data collection tools in close coordination with project implementation team in Duhok, Ninawa and Diyala Governorates.
- Update project progress in MEAL Plan on regular basis. Flag under and or over-achievements to project team, clarify justifications
- Monitors and evaluates overall progress on achievement of results, compliance with prescribed processes/methodologies/approaches and shares analytical reports highlighting progress, identified gaps and provides timely recommendations to the project manager and relevant program staff in consultation with the MEAL Coordinator
Support conducting assessments /both qualitative and quantitative
- Together with the MEAL Coordinator, the incumbent supports rollout of existing and newly developed data collection tools for the assigned projects.
- Support in conducting needs assessment, satisfaction surveys, post distribution monitoring and project endline evaluation and other activities in coordination with the project implementation team. S/he will lead data collection, train enumerators, run data cleaning, analysis, and reporting.
Field Supportive Supervision
- S/he will devise ToR for field monitoring visit to project sites, identify appropriate time for travel and produce monitoring report with action plans identified alongside follow up its implementation
- In consultation with the MEAL Coordinator, provide support and on-the-job training to CARE Programme and MEAL staff based on identified capacity gaps and needs on the ground.
- In coordination with the project team in the field, ensure timely collection, safe storage and initial accurate analysis of project monitoring data sets for the assigned projects in Duhok, Ninawa and Diyala Governorates.
- Supports the setup and lead on the implementation of an adequate monitoring and evaluation system applicable for the assigned projects according to CARE and donor rules.
- Develop own work plans including visits to project locations as approved by the MEAL Coordinator. Collect human stories, secure GPS coordinates and quality project photos during field monitoring visits
Data Quality Assurance
- Ensures transparent, accurate and timely data collection for the purposes of needs assessments, baseline studies, ongoing project monitoring, post-intervention/ post-distribution monitoring and evaluation.
- Ensures meaningful participation of women, men, boys, and girls with and without disabilities, transparent information sharing, decision making and responsive feedback mechanism during the whole project cycle from assessment to monitoring and evaluation.
- Collect, and track beneficiary feedback whilst ensuring timely follow-ups and feedback provision to beneficiaries to increase levels of beneficiary satisfaction.
- Ensures adherence with CARE policies, tools, handbooks, and guidelines
- Work with Program Managers and field team to ensure that gender and protection mainstreaming in all spheres of programming.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in information management, Information Technology, Computer Sciences or related field.
- A minimum of 3 to 4 years of experience with INGO or NGO or UN agencies;
- Fluency in Kurdish, Arabic & English languages;
- Demonstrated experience in design and conduct of field surveys;
- Experience of collecting data at community level
- Analytical, reporting and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and managing data bases;
- Demonstrated experience working with data collection tools such as Excel, SPSS, KOBO or Akvo FLOW;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within teams, with the highest standards of accountability;
- Ability to handle confidential matters, meet deadlines and work under pressure;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to work with a small team and limited resources; and
- Ability to manage competing priorities
How to Apply
Please submit your application in English language (Cover letter and CV) to CARE’s Human Resource Department at HR-KRI@care.de no later than July 7, 2022. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
Please write "MEAL Officer" in the subject line otherwise it will not be considered.
Please mention your current address in your application.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply
For any enquiries regarding this position please contact CARE Iraq HR Manager through firstname.lastname@example.org.
CARE has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and child abuse. CARE takes all concerns and complaints about sexual harassment, exploitation and sexual abuse as well as child abuse by CARE staff and related personnel very seriously. CARE International has therefore drawn up the CARE International Safeguarding Policy on Protection from Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse, and Child Abuse
CARE staff and its related personnel must adhere to CARE's core values which are Transformation, Integrity, Diversity, Equality, and Excellence.