MEAL Officer - Tikrit - (SAD/005)
University Degree in a related field
No Of Jobs
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
The MEAL Officer is the focal for the implementation of MEAL activities at field level. He/she ensures the good implementation and respect of MEAL plans at field level.
He/she supervises the MEAL team at field level and oversee the accountability mechanisms.
S/He provides regular reports on the progress of activit
ies to her/his line manager
List of tasks and responsibilities:
· Responsible for timely implementation of MEAL survey as per the MEAL plans
- Oversee monitoring surveys and support the MEAL Assistant in the organization of survey (development of TORs for MEAL survey, recruitment of enumerators when needed, training, survey planning and follow-up etc)
- Ensure the quality of data collected by MEAL team
- Contribute to the revision and creation of monitoring tools as per requested by the MEAL manager or Coordinator and train the MEAL Assistant on the proper use of it
- Participate in improving monitoring tools by sharing his/her recommendations to his/her manager
- Support the MEAL Assistant on the translation of MEAL tools and the upload into KOBO
- Ensure regular meetings with program team to follow-up on program implementation and adapt MEAL activities accordingly
- Report back any problems and constraints encountered during the course of the activities and suggest operational solutions to his/her manager
- Guarantees regular presence in the field in order to monitor INTERSOS ongoing program
- Ensure that MEAL related soft and hard versions of tools and files are properly archived, secured and easily available upon request
- Participate into learning workshops
- Formulate preliminary recommendations in the MEAL reports on how to improve the activities in collaboration with program team
- Follow up on recommendations with the support of MEAL manager and Coordinator
- Ensure data analysis of each MEAL surveys conducted
- Draft MEAL reports and share them in a timely manner with MEAL manager and Coordinator
- Share MEAL findings to program team in a timely manner
· Provide written report to the his/her manager following field visit
- Support the MEAL manager with the setup of project databases when requested
- Support the MEAL manager on the monthly report of project indicators
- Follow proper implementation of CRM standard operating procedures
- Respect confidentiality and ensure data protection and archiving as defined in the SOP
- Ensure that Complaint Response Mechanisms are established and are accessible to all stakeholders
- Ensure that all information related to complaints is properly recorded into the dedicated database by the Accountability Assistant
- Ensure that complaints are addressed, and that an appropriate and timely response is given to the complainant as per INTERSOS SOP
- Support and advice Accountability Assistant in the resolution of non-sensitive complaints
- Responsible for informing identified persons immediately in case of sensitive complaints received as per INTERSOS SOP
- Conduct field visit on a regular basis to all intervention locations to identify and detect the need for boxes and visibility materials
- Record any feedback and complaints collected in the field in the dedicated template and report them to the Accountability Assistant
- Raise awareness about the Complaints and Response Mechanisms in the field when necessary
- Distribute the hotline number in the field when necessary
- Oversee satisfactions survey conducted by Accountability Assistant
Human Resources Management
- Responsible to recruit position of his/ her team with the support of the MEAL manager and the HR department
- Welcome and brief new employees working under his/her direct management
- Manage and support the staff under his/her direct management
- Evaluate the performances of his/her team members
- Ensure MEAL Induction to new Program staff
- Ensure weekly meeting with the staff under his/her direct management
- Ensure monthly planning of the MEAL team and report to the MEAL manager
· Train any program staff on Kobo if needed
- Participate in the training of program team on MEAL
- Identify training needs for the staff under his/her direct management
Any other tasks as requested by the line manager
ORGANIZATIONAL CHART POSITION
Line manager: MEAL manager
Manager of : MEAL Assistant and Accountability Assistant
How To Apply
- University Degree in a related field;
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience in MEAL
- Previous working experience with NGOs;
- Previous experiences of management
- Strong technical skills in Excel required;
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation in the humanitarian context;
- Previous experience with Activity Info Reporting Systems (preferred)
- Previous experience in the monitoring and evaluation of education, protection, and health projects (preferred).
- Knowledge in Kobo
Competencies: (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Excellent computer literacy (Word, Excel, Power Point) particularly in Excel
- Strong background in data collection, data analysis and presentation
- Strong knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Excellent written communication (in English) and reporting skills
- Strong motivation and adherence to the humanitarian principles and the mission of INTERSOS
- Availability to travel on national territory
- Flexibility in working hours, week end / holidays when required by the situation/ context
- Strong attitude for teamwork and collaboration within a complex organization
- Good leadership skills
- Confidentiality, respect and non-discriminatory attitude
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Fluent in Arabic and Kurdish (written and spoken)
Fluent in English (written and spoken)
INTERSOS is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right for everyone to apply to its vacancies without any discrimination.
For those interested and meet the required criteria, please click HERE to apply.
Kindly note that:
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Your resume must be uploaded in PDF format.
- INTERSOS is reviewing applications on a rolling basis, and we reserve the right to close the vacancy before the mentioned closing date.
- The preference will be given to qualified candidates from the recruitment area.
إنترسوس تتمتع بتكافؤ الفرص وتحتفظ بالحق للجميع في التقدم للوظائف الشاغرة دون أي تمييز.
للمهتمين والذين يستوفون المعايير المطلوبة ، يرجى النقر هنا للتقديم.
لطفا لاحظ ذلك:
- سيتم الاتصال فقط لمن يكون ضمن قائمة المرشحين المختصرة.
- يجب تحميل سيرتك الذاتية بصيغة
- تقوم انترسوس بمراجعة التقديمات بصورة دورية ، ونحتفظ بالحق في إغلاق الوظيفة الشاغرة قبل تاريخ الإغلاق المذكور في حال ايجاد الشخص المناسب.
- سيتم إعطاء الأفضلية للمرشحين المؤهلين من سكان المنطقة.