• Performs repairs and servicing for MAG programme vehicles and assets to a high standard, as directed by the Senior Mechanic or in his absence the Sectors Workshops Manager.
• Informs the Senior Mechanic/Sectors Workshops Manager of any damage sustained to a vehicle.
• Adheres to Health and Safety Guidelines within the workshop environment and uses the appropriate personal protection available.
• Keeps workshop and tools tidy, clean and organized.
• Reports any malfunctioning workshop equipment or tools to the Senior Mechanic/ Sectors Workshops Manager.
• Test Drives vehicles when necessary to perform roadworthy assessments.
• Services generators in the absence of the Generator maintenance technician.
• Contributes to weekly workshop meetings.
Person selection criteria
The post holder should be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
• Mechanical problem-solving skills
• Organised and able to work under pressure
• Mechanical skills
• Hold a valid Driving licence
• As per contract workshop staff may be required to work shift patterns
• Preference will be given to qualified and experienced candidates with the ability to read and write in English
• Preference will be given to qualified and experienced candidates from the duty location.”
All candidates interested in applying for this position should submit a All candidates interested in applying for this position should send their updated CV, preferably in English, to this email address: Jobs.IQ@maginternational.org
The candidates who do not meet the selection criteria will not be considered, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All the Applicants must mention the job title (Mechanic-Sinjar) in the subject line of their email.
• With no job title in the subject line,
• Sent through links and
• Duplicate applications will be disqualified.
• Closing date for applications is 15-Aug-2022. Late applications will not be accepted.
** MAG is an equal opportunities employer.
** MAG Iraq does not charge any fees for Job applications.
Disclaimer: We hereby alert you of potential fraudulent and misleading attempts by individuals who may use MAG’s identity / brand to mislead others by offering fake jobs and/or tenders on behalf of MAG in return for a financial price or any other related request for their own personal interest.
Please also note that MAG’s employees do not engage in any offers related to job vacancies and tendering and MAG Iraq doesn’t have any recruitment intermediaries to hire services on its behalf.
MAG therefore denounces any fraudulent or dishonest impersonations and will take disciplinary, legal or any other appropriate measures against anyone proven to have been involved in fraud, bribery, or corruption, or anyone who was aware of its existence and did not take any action against it.
To report any such cases, please reach out to us via e-mail: Administration.IQ@maginternational.org