KURDS is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non profiting and an independent community based and public utility organization. KURDS NGO is established in 1991 as an Iraqi NGO with Kurdistan Region Government (KRG) to respond to natural or man-made disasters to address its vital objectives, reconstruction of destroyed areas during the arbitrary wars and internal conflicts, develop the targeted communities via highlighting diverse issues of awareness programmes regarding health, education, women social and political rights, violence against women, gender equity in rights and duties and capacity building programmes Simultaneously KURDS aims to develop the socio-economic conditions and environment of targeting areas by coordinating amongst the national & international agencies and targeted communities in term of raising the needs and requirements to provide transitional development, emergency responses and relief assistance nationally to the beneficiaries.
Within the delegated authority of Executive Director and directly under the overall supervision of the wash coordinator, the mechanical engineer will perform, among others, the following;
Job Duties and Responsibility :
1) Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
2) Confer with engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
3) Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
4) Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
5) Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
6) Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to make recommendations to maintenance crew.
7) Assist drafters in developing the structural design of products, using drafting tools or computer-assisted design/drafting equipment and software.
8) Provide feedback to design engineers on customer problems and needs.
9) Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair to ensure that machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
10) Conduct research that tests and analyzes the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems.
11) Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunction
Knowledge, skills and abilities :
- Oral Comprehension-- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Written Comprehension-- The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing
- Problem Sensitivity-- The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem
- Deductive Reasoning-- The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Inductive Reasoning-- The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
Qualifications and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in the field of mechanical Engineering
- Experience: At least (3) years of professional working experience related to project management and supervision.
- Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems
- Language: Very good written and oral command of English and Kurdish, Knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
Please send your English CV to KURDS email:
Please indicate the Title of the position in the Subject line.
CVs without subject line "The Application for the Position of Mechanical Engineer" will not be considered.
Only CV's and motivation letters in PDF format will be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.