About Aid Gate Organization "AGO"
Aid Gate Organization (AGO) is an independent, nonpartisan, national organization in Iraq whose history goes back to 2014 with the beginning of ISIL’s occupation in Iraq. At that time and throughout the mass conflicts occurring from 2014 onwards, ISIL groups took control of large swathes of the country, including Nineveh, Salah al-Din, Anbar, and parts of Diyala. This period witnessed an unprecedented wave of displacement for people who lived in these areas in addition to extreme human rights violations. With the Iraqi government, unable to provide much-needed, widespread assistance, many international organizations entered the country to facilitate a response. In doing so, local community members were actively recruited to assist in the movement and return of displaced peoples, while providing them with emergency life-saving assistance to meet their basic needs. Since 2014, AGO has been working untiringly to help Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), returnees, and vulnerable host communities for the implementation of whole-of-community resilience-building measures in Iraq. Today AGO is functional in Salah al-Din, Kirkuk, and the Nineveh governorates, with 50–150 employees, depending on the situation in the region. We are currently working on expanding our operations into the Anbar governorate as well as southern Iraq through proven programs to rebuild the lives of men, women, children, and refugees IDPs, minorities, ethnic groups and persons with disabilities.
MWDO manages the design, development, and maintenance of internal and external websites for an organization. Oversees web applications developers to ensure that websites are built and expanded based on evolving technology and business needs Being MWDO creates and implements standards for website appearance and navigation. Requires knowledge of common web development languages (e.g., HTML, Java, PHP, JSP, ASP.NET, Python, AJAX.)
Also he is responsible for taking the raw footage shot by a film crew and director, then turning it into one cohesive video or film. The Video Editor must follow an outline and script and any special instructions given about what should happen in each scene.
Also he is responsible for As a social media management he'll manage an AGO's online presence by developing and implementing their social media strategy.
he'll lead campaigns and projects across a range of social media channels, producing engaging content, analysing usage data, building client relationships, and facilitating customer service.
- Website and software application designing, building, or maintaining.
- Writing efficient code
- Working closely with web designers and programmers to produce the website
- Constant communication with other colleagues in the business to develop and deploy their content – and ensuring there is a clear establishment of what can be created within what timeframe.
- Researching different software programs, maintaining software documentation
- Implementing contingency plans in case the website goes down
- Maintaining and expanding/enhancing the website once built
- Managing a team might also be part of the job role
- Using scripting or authoring languages, management tools, content creation tools, applications, and digital media.
- Conferring with teams to resolve conflicts, prioritize needs, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
- Editing, writing, or designing Website content, and directing team members who produce content.
- Maintaining an understanding of the latest Web applications and programming practices through education, study, and participation in conferences, workshops, and groups.
- Back up files from Web sites to local directories for recovery.
- Identifying problems uncovered by customer feedback and testing, and correcting or referring problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Evaluating code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, is properly structured, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Determining user needs by analysing technical requirements.
- Identify press opportunities through evolving issues.
- Develop content for dissemination via press releases, social media, websites, and other distribution channels(Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Twitter, Youtube) .
- Ensure that key messages align with vital business strategies for AGO.
- Serve as the AGO’s media liaison and formal spokesperson.
- Conduct press conferences and briefings.
- Scan the media marketplace to keep up-to-date on the latest media trends.
- Monitor online and offline campaigns, and report on results.
- Negotiate with media channels to close competitive deals.
- Build and manage the AGO's social media profile and presence.
- Build long-term relationships with media influencers.
- Appropriately manage the AGO’s media budget.
Photography and Montage Management
- Shoot high-quality photographs and Videos of AGO activities, according to the specific instructions of AGO staff.
- Coordinate with AGO staff to ensure that all beneficiaries photographed have signed an AGO release form for use of the photograph.
- Coordinate with AGO staff to ensure that correct information for each photo is captured and recorded. This shall include but is not limited to persons’ names, locations, type of activity, and date of the photograph.
- Edit photographs/Videos – remove any poor quality or blurry photos/Videos.
- Send a minimum of 50 digital photographs per day to AGO via a pre-agreed transfer mechanism (e.g. cloud-based drive) within five business days of the shoot.
- Delivery of the required pictures, videos, and designs on time as instructed by the direct manager.
- Providing cameras in different locations in Iraq to cover the existing activities at the same time.
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by the line manager.
- Server architecture
- Hosting, emails, Cpanel, Hpanel
- Experience with server-side frameworks such as python, ruby, php, Java, ASP, ASP.NET
- Experience with database systems such as SQL and Oracle
- User Interface Design
- User Experience Design
- Multimedia content development
- Understanding of SEO
- Good communications skills
- Demonstrable experience producing high-quality still images and short films/videos, which were made for the purpose of communicating vulnerable families’ perspectives. The applicant must be able to submit a video portfolio for review.
- Experience in conducting work in a culturally sensitive and ethical manner.
- Excellent understanding of Humanitarian work and Data protection.
- Previous strong experience working with other aid agencies, including local organizations.
- Excellent computer literacy.
- Proficiency with photo editing software such as Adobe Photoshop, and video editing software such as Adobe Premiere.
- Must have a professional camera such as a Sony A7SIII/A7RIII/Canon 5DMK4 or similar. They must also have professional sound equipment and camera gear.
- Proven work experience as a Video Editor
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut)
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
Interested applicants must send their most recent:
- Cover Letter
To [email protected] , Subject line must read: Media Management and Web Development Officer | Erbil
- Applications not meeting the specified minimum requirements may not be considered
- The CVs received after the closing date may not be considered.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview that may include a written test of communication and writing skills.
Due to the nature of AGO work activities, AGO demand its employee to have the highest discretion and flexibility qualities. AGO can anytime according to the needs of his mission, and change the work location of his employee. AGO can at any time update tasks on this Job Description according to the evolution of the program or strategy changes. The above-listed tasks are not exhaustive, the employee can be asked to undertake other tasks by the employer according to the competencies, to work over settings time.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline.