The position holder is responsible for:
- The ongoing development of good external and internal communication of STEP’s vision, impact, core values and ongoing activities.
- The strategic positioning of the program within STEP through systematic planning and management of communication activities.
- Coordinating, conceptualizing, and creating program-specific internal and external products (publications, films, texts for print and online media, etc.).
- Networking with relevant national and international stakeholders in the field of communication.
- Creating and maintaining STEP project’s social media pages, website, and other profiles.
- Supporting the preparation, implementation, and documentation of professional events.
- Keep a record of relevant consent forms.
- Build and execute the social media strategy through research, messaging, and audience identification.
- Plan, develop and write the project’s online and offline content through generating, editing, publishing, and sharing content (story boarding, original text, images, and videos).
- Build meaningful connections and increase community communication through audience response and engagement.
- Communicate local interest, projects, ideas, and information that could benefit the project.
- Provide media-related technical assistance to support and build capacity in members of other projects that are involved in internal or external communications.
- Assure the overall quality of communication material internally and externally according to STEP’s rules and guidelines.
- Perform any other duties and tasks requested by management.
Overall Purpose of the Post
The position holder will be responsible for internal and external communication specifically in the field of social media. In addition, the position holder will be responsible for either designing or overseeing the design of leaflets, brochures, and videos for STEP’s projects. The position holder will have access to all the necessary support and tools to perform the tasks he/she is responsible for and is expected to develop their professional capacity through the learning of new skills relevant to this job description.
- No formal qualifications are required for this post, however, a BA in the field of media, journalism, communication, marketing, or any relevant field is recommended.
- At least 2 years of experience in communication, social media and marketing field or any other relevant field.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Strong experience in Adobe Premiere.
- Experience in using Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, and MS office.
- Strong overall IT skills.
- Excellent photography and videography skills.
- Familiarity with web design and publishing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in English, Arabic and Kurdish.
- Good understanding of the importance of privacy and protection of sensitive personal data and information.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the role.
- Previous experience in a child protection organization is a plus.
Please email your CV to:
before 28th of July 2021
STEP is an equal opportunity employ4
Note: Please include links to some of your work in your CV.