Salary Scale: ( Monthly gross salary of 1541$ )
• Conduct appropriate and up-to-date Medical Training (theory and practical) with program medics to prepare them for accreditations as required by SOPs.
• With the support of MAG’s Global Medical Coordinator, develop necessary lesson plans and training curricula as required for the program, ensuring MAG medical training standards are up-to-date and include the latest best practice.
• Undertake internal QA of medical staff as appropriate to provide evidence of regular review and compliance with minimum standards.
• Conduct additional medical/first-aid training for all MAG staff (both national and international) as requested.
• Train national medics in procedures for correct storing and procurement of medical equipment as required for the trauma bags.
Procedures and SOPs:
• Ensure that the Casevac/Medevac plans for demining tasks are prepared, understood, maintained, and regularly updated.
• Conduct QA assessments of medics and Casevac exercises.
• Ensuring that medical drills and procedures are carried out as trained and as per SOPs.
• Assess program medical policies and procedures against compliance standards and up-to-date best practices.
• Visit and assess medical facilities in MAG areas of operation, meeting with medical staff and hospital administrators to ensure MoUs are in place and the program is advised on areas of concern and the general suitability of facilities for MAG staff.
Equipment and Supplies:
• Maintenance and care of the Mine Action Teams’ medical equipment, drugs, and supplies.
• Train a designated medic in the maintenance and care of the medical equipment, drug,s and supplies.
• Review and QA equipment, ensuring that appropriate standards are met and appropriate equipment is available.
• Provide advice and support to the planning, purchase, and maintenance of appropriate medical equipment.
• Report to the TOM any deficiencies and medical logistical requirements in a timely fashion.
• Controlling and writing PRF,s with Procurement and Finances.
• Tender evaluation with Procurement and Finances.
Health and Safety:
• Advise program management teams of any health and safety issues applicable to the region.
• Update and disseminate medical forms and medical information regarding infectious and other diseases and vaccination information.
• Provide advice and support to program staff on medical issues regarding international and national staff.
• Any other duties as required by the Technical Operations Manager ensuring a high level of hygiene, the welfare of the staff, and sustaining the high performance of all staff for the duration of the project.
•Work in compliance with MAG's Safeguarding framework - Policy on Personal Conduct, Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy, Dignity at Work Policy, Reporting Malpractice (Whistleblowing) Policy, Equal Opportunities Policy and Policy on Modern Slavery.
•Report any Safeguarding concerns following MAG’s reporting options and guidelines.
Application procedure for the position
• Recent professional experience in the medical sector, outside the hospital/clinic environment
• Significant experience in the pre-hospitalization treatment of accident victims and in providing first-aid in remote locations.
• Experience working in a developing country and an understanding of the constraints this imposes.
• Experience in managing and providing training to a team of national staff.
• Experience in healthcare and hygiene planning.
• Experience in report writing.
• Experience in doing Appraisal reports on the medical staff.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to coordinate and prioritize activities
• Excellent literacy, numeracy, and IT skills (e.g. Word/Excel/Teams/Outlook)
• The ability to communicate with clarity and credibility on paper and face-to-face
• Verbal and written English language skills, Arabic or Kurdish are advantages.
• Innovative and proactive with a problem-solving approach where systems can be improved.
• Determined and committed to the highest quality standards.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels internally and externally.
• Ability to meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure.
• Ability to handle and prioritize a heavy workload.
• Ability to represent and promote MAG.
• Interest in and commitment to MAG’s humanitarian and capacity-building mandate.
• Self-motivated, flexible, and enthusiastic approach to work.
• Qualified Medical Senior medic or Manager or Medical Mentor.
• Trauma Life Support training and qualification.
Registered Medical qualifications up to date.
• Prepared to work in the field with basic support conditions.
• Previous experience in, or exposure to Humanitarian Mine Action.
• Weekly travel between sectors and stay over in sector.
All interested candidates in apply for this position should send their updated CV in English to this email address [email protected] Please note that candidates who do not meet the selection criteria will not be considered. All Applicants must mention the job title (Medical Coordinator) in subject line of their email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• With no job title in the subject line,
• Sent through links and
• Duplicate applications migh be disqualified.
Closing date for applications is 03-Jun-2023. Late applications will not be accepted.
Please note that as part of MAG's commitment to safeguarding, this post is subject to background checks before an offer of employment is confirmed”.
“MAG is committed to the principles of diversity, equality and inclusion. Female Candidates are encouraged to apply. If you think you would be suited in this role we would welcome your application regardless of your background. We strive to provide an inclusive and supportive working environment where all employees feel respected and supported in fulfilling their potential”
Disclaimer: We hereby alert you of potential fraudulent and misleading attempts by individuals who may use MAG’s identity / brand to mislead others by offering fake jobs and/or tenders on behalf of MAG in return for a financial price or any other related request for their own personal interest. Please also note that MAG’s employees do not engage in any offers related to job vacancies and tendering and MAG Iraq doesn’t have any recruitment intermediaries to hire services on its behalf. MAG therefore denounces any fraudulent or dishonest impersonations and will take disciplinary, legal or any other appropriate measures against anyone proven to have been involved in fraud, bribery, or corruption, or anyone who was aware of its existence and did not take any action against it. To report any such cases, please reach out to us via e-mail: [email protected]