Médecins Sans Frontières-Holland (MSF-H) is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. To support its Medical activity in Laylan Camp COVID-19 response, MSF-H is currently looking for Medical Doctors
Provide medical care to patients/beneficiaries tested positive COVID19 according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values, and universal hygiene standards to improve the patient's/beneficiaries' health conditions.
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out inpatient COVID19 consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
- Ensure the follow-up and interpretations of the results of investigations.
- Handover of the patient to doctors and nurses at the start of each shift.
- Take history and performs a physical examination of patients in the COVID19 hospital with medical complaints. Define diagnosis and ensure treatment.
- Carry out the daily round of patients in COVID19 hospital, in coordination with ex-pat MD and nursing team if needed.
- Follow the standard precaution (asepsis, PPE, hygiene) and the waste segregation procedure (sharp waste, contaminated waste).
- Provide minimal health information to the patients and family to increase public health awareness and to correctly use the IPD service.
- Ensure patient comfort and respect patient autonomy
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
- Ensure comprehensive documentation in the patient’s medical file in a timely and accurate manner diagnosis, physical exam, lab exams, treatments, and plan
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
Recognized medical doctor diploma/degree (plus inscription to the national register of the country of the mission, if there is one)
2-year experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work (can be within medical training). Desirable in tropical medicine, or post-registration experience in Public Health. Completed the 1-year rotation
English & Arabic essential. Basic knowledge of Kurdish language desirable
Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- People Management
- Planning capabilities, organizational skills
- Management skills
- Communication skills
How to Apply
Please send your application in English (CV, letter of motivation, and any relevant certificates in PDF or Word format only) to:
Or put it in the application box with the subject
"Medical Doctor- COVID intervention"
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
DEADLINE TO SEND APPLICATION:
Tuesday, July 7, at 4:30 PM