KURDS is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, nonprofiting and an independent community based and public utility organization. KURDS NGO is established in 1991 as an Iraqi NGO with Kurdistan Region Government (KRG) to respond to natural or man-made disasters to address its vital objectives, reconstruction of destroyed areas during the arbitrary wars and internal conflicts, develop the targeted communities via highlighting diverse issues of awareness programmes regarding health, education, women social and political rights, violence against women, gender equity in rights and duties and capacity building programmes Simultaneously KURDS aims to develop the socio-economic conditions and environment of targeting areas by coordinating amongst the national & international agencies and targeted communities in term of raising the needs and requirements to provide transitional development, emergency responses and relief assistance nationally to the beneficiaries
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION
Under the direct supervision of the country director, the M&E Officer will be responsible in his/her assigned area for assisting in monitoring and assessing the project implementation Program in required place.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Field Assessments and Project design
- Participate, as required, in field assessments
SUPERVISION of Subcontracted Projects
Under general guidance of the country director, the M&E officer will carry out the following tasks:
- Design and Implement M&E System:
- Develop and implement M&E plan of project to generate regular information related to progress of the project.
- Develop common indicators for data collection, design data collection tools/ templates, and assist for regular data collection/generation process.
- Provide technical support to project staff on implementing M&E plan and logical framework.
- Liaise with project management to collect and analyze data and to determine progress achieved.
- Project Information Management:
- Track project's output and outcome level results on the periodic basis in close coordination with project's implementing team as well as with donors
- Collect, check, verify and compile data from the field as stipulated in the M&E plan.
- Review and compile monitoring reports, project progress reports, evaluation reports, photographs, case studies video documentaries, power point presentation, etc, when needed.
- Capacity Development in M&E:
- Provide technical support to staff members for all M&E related activities.
- Train staff members on M&E concepts, skills and tools.
- Work closely with implementing team for enhancing their capacity for proper data collection and reporting.
- Contribute to design TOR, training materials, communication materials related to project and M&E System.
- Quality Assurance:
- Review field level assessment reports, baseline studies and evaluation reports. · Ensure that reports from partners/consultants are complete and meet the quality requirements.
- Undertake the quality control of project's implementing strategies and approaches.
- Reporting and Documentation:
- Prepare the M&E unit's periodic progress report and submit to supervisor.
- Assist project team to prepare period reports of project through providing M&E related information.
- Collect and/or assist to collect case story, best practice documentation, lesson learn; and update and manage those information in project's reports and other knowledge products.
- General responsibility:
- Prepare monitoring field visit plan and conduct monitoring visit as and when required.
- Conduct regular monitoring to project's interventions to insure the quality delivery of inputs and contribute for generating expected results.
- Work closely with the project team member and relevant stakeholders for monitoring and evaluation of project interventions.
- Assist to organize and facilitate various events such as meetings, workshops, conferences, and seminars.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities related to M&E as assigned by supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND PREFERRED SKILLS
- Bachelor degree in relevant field with at two three years of experience in humanitarian and/or development organization in designing, implementing and overseeing M&E related task.
- Sound knowledge and experience on writing reports.
- Good written and spoken fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic.
- Good computer skills and knowledge in Microsoft office applications
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
Please send your English CV to KURDS email:
Please indicate the Title of the position in the Subject line.
CVs without subject line "The Application for the Position of M & E Officer" will not be considered.
Only CV's and motivation letters in PDF format will be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.