Mental Health Activity Manager - Telafar
No Of Jobs
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Supervise the implementation and the development of all mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS) activities in the project, ensuring that patients receive the most appropriate support and quality of care, from identification, treatment as well as referral to higher care for severe cases.
- S/he will be the focal point at the PHCC level for the clinical counselling and the capacity development on the psychological side at the health facility level, in charge of training and supervising heath staff.
- Ensure reliable and accurate patient documentation and data are collected, shared and reported on according to standards.
Duty Station: Telafar (80% - 4 days a week)
Hierarchical: Project Medical Referent
Technical: Mental Health Advisor
- Awareness Raising and Patient identification:
- Identify cases with mental or emotional disorders through patient screening at the facility level and follow up/monitor the referred cases, both internal and external ones.
- Train the medical team and the CHW to identify and refer patients.
- Organize training to increase awareness around MHPSS within the team (health, CHWs)
- Support the MAM in organizing a mh_GAP training for all the health team and CHWs
- develop a referral pathway for patients in need of different level of MH care (for patients coming from the community, from other members of the health team, from other actors)
- patient management:
· for patients affected by mild to moderate MH conditions:
- Evaluate and assess the psychological condition of the patients and engage in individual counselling using the WHO Problem Management Plus (PM+) in a culturally acceptable manner
- train other health staff in performing PM+, provide ongoing (weekly) on site clinical supervision to empower the staff to run consultations autonomously in time. Training will also include:
- Effective communication
- patient-medical staff relationship
- patient confidentiality
· for patients affected by severe MH conditions:
o refers patients to the GP, who will take the patient in charge in collaboration with a psychiatrist. The psychologist will also be able to promptly identify potential medications side effects and flag them to the MDs.
- clinical supervision:
- performs regular clinical supervision of the staff performing counselling (one to one or group supervision, Clients files review-Data review, In session observation, Multi-disciplinary team meeting/case discussion)
- patient documentation:
- he/she will setup the standard patient file provided and will ensure it is updated regularly and kept according to confidentiality standards. Collaborates closely with all the medical team, keeping MH patient psychological records separate from medical record
- data collection,monitoring, reporting:
- Ensure a proper data collection system and establish a document progress on cases, maintaining strict protocols for confidentiality and consent, and ensure that data protection protocols are respected as well as all patient follow up files are well documented and protected.
- He/she is in charge of updating the MH database and sharing monthly and quarterly report as per standard template according to deadlines
- external networking/representation: he/she participates whenever possible to the MHPSS working group with the objective of sharing experiences, increasing awareness on the type of program, creating meaningful relationship with key actors
How To Apply
- University degree in Clinical Psychology. Master’s degree in clinical psychology and or a psychiatric is an added advantage
- desirable: training in mh_GAP, training in WHO Problem management Plus PM+
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience, including at least one year in NGO providing similar services
- Good communication skills and negotiation capacities
- High degree of skill in psychological assessment and evaluation
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, outlook) in particular Excel and data management
- Analytical and reporting skills
- Respect and adherence to protection principles
- Capacity to work under pressure, flexibility
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluency in English and Arabic (written and spoken) and excellent writing skills
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Your resume must be uploaded in PDF format.
INTERSOS is reviewing applications on a rolling basis, the vacancy might be filled before the closing date.
“Please note that the preference will be given to qualified candidates that are from the recruitment area”