Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Participate in the planning, organization and coordination of Mental Health activities, in close collaboration with Medical Team Leader (MTL) and MH coordinator , in order to ensure an efficient and effective implementation of the resources needed while maintaining high levels of quality in Mental Health MSF programs and activities.
Supervise the daily mental health activities and patient support according to MSF protocols and standards in order to provide the most appropriate support for clients with psycho social needs
Give psychological support to patients according to MSF protocols to improve mental health conditions of patients and enhance their functionality.
Offer regular training and clinical counselling supervision (individual or group) to mental health counsellors
Coordinates activities of counseling services with other relevant actors and liaises with the local counterparts (like MoH, WHO, ICRC and NGO) on mental health matters, including referral services.
Liaise with the other MSF team members of the project.
Supervise, in close coordination with the HR department, MTL, MH coordinator the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
Compile the data and statistic linked with MH activities and report to the MTL and MH coordinator
Ensure the patient’s related information is kept confidential
- Has a general understanding of the association, its functioning, structure and values (charter).
- Is aware of MSF objectives and activities in general and in the working context.
- Availability for emergencies
- Is aware of security rules and situation in the field at all time.
- Degree in Clinical Psychology or equivalent field experience
- Experience in a similar position for at least 1year.
- Experience in a clinical psychologist for at least 2 years
- Experience in team management is a strong asset
- Written and spoken Local and English lagunages Is essential requisite
- People Management Flexibility. Results. Teamwork.
Applicants must submit their CVs no later than the 9th of April 2019 to the following address:
stating the job title in the subject line: MENTAL HEALTH SUPERVISOR
We strongly encourage you to submit your application as early as possible
ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED