Mercy Hands for Humanitarian Aid (MH) is a non-governmental not-for-profit, nonpartisan organization that works in conflict-torn and disaster-affected areas to save lives, sustain human rights and restore a healthy community. We serve people in need, regardless of their religion, sect, ethnicity and/or political affiliation. We aspire to live in a society where justice prevails, law rules, individual and group rights are preserved, differences are acknowledged and welcomed, people work together to develop and sustain resources for future generations, and manmade disasters are virtually nonexistent.
To be part of the urban livelihood program team responsible for following up with the project participants in order to support the smooth information related to field process issues.
- Daily visits to the project's beneficiaries in the targeted areas to ensure they are abiding by the terms of the agreement and providing advice and help where needed to maximize chances of success.
- Daily report to the PM about the progress of project activities implemented.
- Report to the PM about any challenge or obstacle preventing activity implementation.
- Facilitate providing required information to the project manager and coordinator.
- Provide the database and MEAL team with the needed information.
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
Abide by Mercy Hands bylaws and code of conduct, under full authority of the Project Manager and the Project coordinator, The Mentor responsibilities and duties are as follow:
- At least 1 year of relevant professional experience of working with (NGOs) Non-Governmental Organizations preferably in livelihoods.
- Competencies in all computer related tasks including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong communications skills, with good verbal and written English and fluent in local Arabic language is a requirement
- Ability to work under pressure and with limited supervision in a challenging environment.
- Good understanding of community participation, and very good ability to communicate with beneficiaries.
- Overall good knowledge of geography, local population and local language in the targeted areas.
Generic professional competencies:
- University degree or higher education in Business management or other business related qualification.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
Please send your relevant diplomas, 3 reference persons, CV with a cover letter explaining why you are suitable for this position in English and your earliest possible start date to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Application – Mentor – UL.