The Jiyan Foundation for Human Rights is seeking applicants for the position of Syrian community facilitator located in Sulaymaniyah, KRG - Iraq.
Position: Syrians community facilitator
Status: Full-time employee (40h/week)
Based: Sulaymaniyah, Syrians inside or outside the camps, Iraq
Reports to: Line manager/Clinical leader
Application deadline: November 25, 2023
Starting Date: ASAP
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Conducts public awareness sessions for the Syrian refugees inside and outside the camps.
- Documents and coordinates contents and implementation of public sessions for the Syrians
- Functions as a focal point and contact person for public awareness sessions in Syrian communities.
- Provides basic information on legal issues/mental health
- Provides basic legal/mental health services
- Accompany clients when visiting state institutions
- Supports selection of participants,
- Refers clients to the Jiyan Foundation’s center in Sulaymaniyah and to external partners
- Ensures monitoring and evaluation of the sessions.
- Regularly reports to management.
- Cooperates project team for topics about the public awareness sessions.
- Carries out any other relevant duties according to the professional capacities and position in the organization as assigned by the supervisor or line manager in mutual agreement
- Must hold a Syrian nationality.
- Very good Arabic and Kurdish speaking, English is an advantage.
- Active interest in promoting human rights and social justice; awareness of current events both nationally and internationally.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office tools and email communication
- Very good communication and presentation skills
- Readiness to travel to different locations where Syrian refugees reside.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team and cooperate with other project staff.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Participation in professional trainings and seminars by Jiyan Foundation staff.
- Access to Jiyan Foundation’s library
- Working in an international and dedicated team
- Paid holidays (24 days for 40 h/week) plus 15 statutory holidays. Additional paid holidays, especially on the occasion of religious festivals, may be agreed upon.
- Voluntary pension scheme with employer contributions
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for working with Jiyan, your curriculum vitae, as well as relevant references in one PDF file (max. size 15 MB) in English to https://form.jotform.com/233183135549458 . Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The Jiyan Foundation for Human Rights is an equal opportunity employer, and we particularly encourage women and disadvantaged groups to apply for this position. You can find more information about our work at www.jiyan.org.