Under the overall guidance of the COM and Senior Emergency Coordinator/Head of Programmes , under overall supervision Project Manager for Family Assistance Programme (FAP) and the direct supervision of the National Project Officer in Erbil, the successful candidate will be based in Erbil and will be accountable and responsible for assisting the streamlining of applicant case processing and guiding Syrian family members on the German Family Reunification (FR) visa application process, which includes how to correctly complete the required forms and supporting documentation checklists.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Take responsibility for the day-to-day assistance to beneficiaries in the FAP Centre;
- Always provide excellent migrant service to applicants, in full compliance with the Service Standards;
- Assist and guide migrants in the completion of the online visa application form as per checklists, conduct completeness checks on all documentation and collect when required, biometric information;
- Complete questionnaires on behalf of applicants while ensuring the accuracy of the information and verifying the consistency of the information in the questionnaires with the documentation provided;
- Provide migrants with accurate information on time and distribute information sheets, Integration Handbook, and visa requirement checklists; assisting with telephone and e-mail inquiries from clients (including requirements for submitting visa applications); and informing clients of any changes to visa requirements or submission procedures;
- Organize the files of the applicants in the required order based on the instructions of the German Consular staff in IOM-designated folders for applicants to submit to the Consulate, and in full compliance with the IOM Service Standards;
- Maintain a high level of accuracy of data capture, by ensuring that the information collected and recorded in the case management system is correct, complete and updated at all time;
- Answer questions and provide remote guidance on form completion, visa requirements and general information to families and principle applicants;
- Schedule appointments while ensuring the appointment system for applicants in FAP is operated effectively;
- Maintain records of all applications and contact with principle applicants and report these records periodically on time;
- Inform management of any problems or issues immediately while regularly suggesting how to improve efficiency and service;
- Take active steps to mitigate fraud and malfeasance, and to monitor the integrity of records containing individual data; and,
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
IOM IN/234 - Policy and Procedures for Preventing and Responding to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
IOM has a policy of zero tolerance of sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA) by IOM staff members and the employees or any other persons engaged and controlled by IOM Contractors. The staff members and all contract type holders shall protect against and prevent sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
Any offer made to the candidate concerning this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is a legal residency in the country of the duty station, or the neighboring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
- University degree from an accredited academic institution in with minimum 2 years of relevant professional experiences; or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with a minimum of 4 years of relevant professional experience.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience in a similar setting & capacity preferred; Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy & confidentiality in performing responsibilities;
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Good knowledge of information technology and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
- Previous work experience in international organizations and service industry companies would be an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal & intercultural skills with attention to detail
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required; working knowledge of German and/or Kurdish (Badini/Kurmanji) is an advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates the ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioral indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via a link:
For an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.