Mission East worked in Dohuk from 2003-2005. In response to the recent IDP crisis Mission East has re-established a presence in Iraq in September 2014 in order to provide emergency assistance for displaced people. Our current programme in Iraq focuses on psychosocial support, shelter, distribution of non-food items, WASH, and cash assistance in Nineveh and Kirkuk Governorates.
More information on Mission East can be found at: http://www.missioneast.org
Key tasks include:
The safe transportation of Mission East staff.
The safe transportation of Mission East materials
The care and maintenance of the vehicles and their accessories.
- Minimum two years’ work as a professional driver.
- No road safety-related fines or convictions Through knowledge of road rules and regulations
- Skills in routine vehicle maintenance and minor repair
- Good knowledge of the of Erbil governorate, as well as Ninawa-Mosul city-Kirkuk-Sinjar
- Team spirit and problem solving abilities
- Able to carry out limited, un-supervised tasks
- Drivers must display an attitude and behaviour that reflects well on both themselves and Mission East
- Able to be flexible with working hours
- Strict adherence to the Mission East’s vehicle policies and procedures, including the use of seatbelts by all passengers.
- Daily and pre-long distance vehicle checks.
- Accurate upkeep of the vehicle’s log sheet. Maintaining the vehicle clean, fuelled and mechanically sound.
- Inspecting and maintaining all vehicle accessories.
- Advising the Transport manager of pending inspections, insurance renewal or any defects or problems.
- Legally registered SUV vehicle 10-15 seats above 2016.
- Minimum secondary school, preferably college degree.
- Valid driving license.
- Car should be registered in the driver’s name.
- Highly preferably previous experience with NGOs.
- Spoken Kurdish and Arabic will be an advantage.
- Basic to medium level spoken English is preferred.
Preferably previous training in first aid, defensive driving courses.
Qualified Candidates should submit Cover Letters with their CV's with a copy of each of “Personal ID, Valid Driving license, and Vehicle registration form with a filled Quotation form" to firstname.lastname@example.org with indicating the " Mini Bus Driver with Bus (ME/NIN/SIN/107/062020) - Re-advertisement " in the subject line of the email no later than Jul 5th, 2020. otherwise your application will not be considered. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NOTE: the monthly salary will be 850$ per month.
Due to the urgency, Mission East reserves the right to recruit any suitable candidates before the above-mentioned deadline.
Mission East is an equal opportunity employer.