Mission East, founded in Denmark in 1991, is an international humanitarian and development organisation undertaking disaster relief and development programmes in Middle East, Eastern Europe, and Asia.
In Iraq, Mission East provides assistance for both urgent basic needs for those displaced by violence as well as longer-term support for returnees and IDPs in protracted displacement settings. Our current programme includes NFI and shelter, cash transfers, WASH assistance, livelihoods support, protection and psychosocial support activities delivered through multi-purpose community centres.
More information on Mission East can be found at: https://missioneast.org
Key Tasks and Objectives
- Ensure that vehicle is in a good condition and that all necessary repairs and maintenance are carried out immediately. All repairs and maintenance will be carried out at the supplier’s expense.
- Drive within the inside of Kirkuk Governorate and from/to locations all over Kirkuk City.
- The Supplier will be responsible for any legal penalties incurred as a result of the use of the vehicle on the public road.
- The Supply of this vehicle is inclusive of the driver.
- The Supplier must provide Mission East a copy of the vehicle registration and driving license.
- The Supplier must maintain records of the logbook.
- The Driver will be on Call.
- Working days will be Sunday to Thursday
- Working hours will be from 09:00 AM to 17:00 PM
- Supplier should
- Sign and abide by the Code of Conduct of Mission East.
- Sign and abide by all the related security and safety SoPs (an orientation for same shall be provided).
- Vehicles should be 2018 or above one Minibus & SUV
- Has all the registration needed
-At least 5 years of driving experience.
-Knowledge of the Country roads.
Mission East upholds high standards in all aspects of Safeguarding and condemns all forms of abuse and exploitation, takes a zero-tolerance approach to all abuse and exploitation against children or vulnerable individuals and seeks to ensure that no-one is exposed to the risk of maltreatment by its representatives. In accordance with organisational policy:
In view of the nature of this role potentially requiring involvement with vulnerable individuals (including situations where there are potential imbalances of power), you will be required to provide both a self-assessment and formal certificate of previous good conduct.
Professional references will be requested and taken up for the successful candidate.
All Mission East’s staff are required to sign our Code of Conduct and Child Safeguarding Commitment.
Mission East upholds high standards in Counter Terrorism (COTER) and sanctions regulation compliance. Mission East will conduct a thorough pre-employment background check of successful candidates, including checking through the SDN sanctions lists.
Qualified Candidates should submit their CV's in English on email@example.com with indicating the "Mini Van and SUV Driver with Vehicle" in the subject line of the email no later than Jul 26th, 2021. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Due to the urgency, Mission East reserves the right to recruit any suitable candidates before the above-mentioned deadline.
Mission East is an equal opportunity employer.