- To begin baseline research of selected communities, and continue to monitor social change and new social information relevant to community empowerment;
- To identify potential leaders and/or organizers.
- To initiate actions aimed at breaking down passivity, apathy and attitudes of letting others do things for them.
- To raise awareness that community members themselves can move each community out of poverty, and to show them ways they can do this for themselves.
- To assist community members to identify needs and to generate solutions, identifying priority issues and to analysis their problems.
- To encourage and stimulate community members to organize for action aimed at solving their problems and to plan, implement and monitor action that they define themselves.
- To provide community leaders with management skills and knowledge in getting community members interested, organized and motivated.
- To develop trust, tolerance and co-operation among community members.
- To encourage and stimulate full participation by all community members; with special attention to those who are usually forgotten, marginalized and overlooked in community decision making.
- To assist the community in obtaining information and knowledge that may be available through governmental and non governmental agencies, through extension and outreach programs.
- To assist the community members in developing their own capacity and strength to the point where they no longer need the services of you the mobilizer.
Qualification and Experience
- University or institute degree in community development or related field.
- Minimum three years of demonstrated management experience, at least two of which are in a non-government organization.
- Demonstrated experience with training and capacity-building
- Experience in admiration, youth activities, data collection and analysis processes
- Good experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel)
- Experience in handling of web-based systems.
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
TAJDID Iraq Foundation is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status.
Submit a resume (Word or PDF) and (3) professional references (with e-mail address and phone number), to ( email@example.com ). Incomplete applications will not be considered. The email subject line should include (Mobilizer/ Baghdad).