Education / Experience Needed
- Experience in conducting assessments and analyzing data using statistical software and project activities against core documents, policies, humanitarian ethics, and organizational goals.
- Candidates with previous monitoring and evaluation experience working with nongovernmental organizations will be given preference.
- Experience directing and managing teams is desirable.
- Degree in economics, mathematics, statistics, communications or similar field is desirable.
- Ability to write and review routine reports and correspondence in English
- English, Kurdish and/or Arabic language skills required
Ability to solve analytical and communication problems and deal with variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Advisor will provide support to the country office’s current and future program portfolio through leading data collection and analysis processes, developing monitoring mechanisms within programs, reviewing all programmatic reports to ensure consistency, and indirectly managing a diverse M&E team to promote best practices and professionalism across interventions in the office. S/he will be responsible for various data collection methods including conducting needs assessments, focus group discussions, and key informant interviews while insuring the quality of data through training, precise gathering, regular database upkeep, and accurate communication of information to all stakeholders.
- Track program impact against targets, indicators, and organizational goals, reviewing and providing feedback to all Program Manager’s monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports.
- Serve as country office expert in Samaritan’s Purse Reporting System’s (SPRS) iForm and Platform, implementing as a tool in all project activities and assisting teams in its implementation.
- Directly supervise M&E staff in Erbil and provide technical supervision to all M&E staff based in field locations outside of the Erbil country office.
- Assist in development of databases and information tools related to evaluation of program impact.
- Ensure data compliance with external donors.
- Maintain the technology retrieval system with iPads and other telecommunication.
- Explore new technologies for data collection, data analysis, evaluations, and project impact assessments.
- Collect and organizing qualitative and quantitative data.
- Facilitate the flow of data between beneficiaries, Program Managers, and Grants Manager.
- Monitor all project activities and progress towards achieving the project output.
- Create and maintain applicable displays to improve the quality of accountability and communication with all stakeholders .
- Provide feedback to Program Managers on project strategies by identifying bottlenecks and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks.
- Suggest and implement improvements for existing monitoring and evaluation systems
- Provide inputs, information and statistics for monthly, semi-annual, and other reports.
- Assist each programs’ personnel with M&E tools, supporting them in their use.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Demonstrate exemplary Christian servant leadership in all aspects of work and relationships.
- Other duties as assigned by the Country Office leadership.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing to abide by Samaritan's Purse's code of conduct and understand the principals of Samaritan's Purse's statement of faith. They must also be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attention to detail, anticipation and follow up are core values of the job function
- Possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal
- Clear understanding of the workings of major donors and their perspectives, requirements, and standards (general knowledge)
- Ability to understand needs of diverse programs and monitoring systems
- Knowledge of computer systems and its applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook and iForm
- Possesses strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Must have strong skills in writing and reviewing reports in English.
- Must have analytical, statistical, and report writing skills
- Must be a self-starter and internally driven to success and hard work
- High level of integrity and stewardship
- Ability to be flexible, patient, and adaptable
- Willingness to travel to field locations.
Send your CV/Resume to the following email:
The subject of the email should be Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
Please make sure to follow the subject so that your CV will be reviewed.
CVs must be in English language.