Expertise France is a French public agency under the tutelage of the French Ministries of Foreign Affairs and Economy and Finance with a strong inter-ministerial vocation. Expertise France offers project engineering and technical assistance by developing and implementing international cooperation actions worldwide. The agency operates in various fields of development and institutional cooperation including safety and security reform, post-crisis/ stability, public health, human rights, strengthening of institutions and NGOs and governance. Carrying out large-scale, multi-stakeholder projects, Expertise France can ensure the cooperation between individuals, teams and institutions with very different statuses, cultures and specialties. Besides, Expertise France has acquired a sound experience in administrative and financial management of large-scale international projects and is accredited by the European Union for the management of delegated Community funds.
Starting first quarter of 2020, Expertise France will initiate a project aiming at promoting civic engagement, employment and entrepreneurship for youth in Iraq. This 24-month project will be implemented through 3 components:
- support to students of Mosul and Ninewa universities: Students of Mosul and Ninewa Universities have access to more efficient career guidance services and to concrete opportunities for professional work experience, employment, and civic engagement (Mosul)
- youth civic engagement: Iraqi CSO are empowered to engage youth in community service projects and fostering dialogue with local authorities (Ninewa governorate)
- youth entrepreneurship: Youth entrepreneurship is encouraged through a network of accessible business incubators/accelerators programs for enterprises throughout the country (Baghdad, Mosul, Suleymanieh).
Through this program, Expertise France will promote opportunities for Iraqi youth to constructively engage in addressing social problems within their communities by creating a strategic link between local NGO, Mosul University Career Centers and local business incubators.
Promoting youth engagement in local civil society and fostering dialogues with local authorities, the project will enable youth to better engage local decision-makers to meet their expectations and reinforce the bond of trust between government and population.
Revitalising academic, social, and cultural life on the campus of the University of Mosul, the project will help restore the universities’ central role in producing knowledge and sharing ideas locally and nationally. By fostering job creation and providing livelihoods for young people in Baghdad, Mosul and KRG, the project will contribute to redress the impact of the current crisis and prevent future crises.
Expertise France is looking for a Communication expert to support the implementation of the project through communication and visibility actions based in Erbil, with occasional travels.
Description of the Missions
Under the authority of the Programme Director, direct collaboration of the Project Manager, the M&E focal point’s mission will be to develop and implement the project M&E plan.
Main roles and responsibilities of the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will be as follows:
- Monitoring - Lead the design and implementation of a monitoring framework to track delivery against the program’s goals and objectives.
- Evaluation - Lead the analysis of data collected under the monitoring framework for assessment of progress and areas for improvement.
- Reporting - Regularly provide synthesized and updated reports on the status of project implementation.
- Coordination – Ensure regular coordination in line with the monitoring framework with the program partners, beneficiaries and stakeholders.
- Technical assistance – Provide program partners, beneficiaries and stakeholders with necessary relevant technical assistance to improve performance.
The M&E Manager will specifically responsible for following tasks:
- Initiate the baseline of the project
- Develop and update the M&E plan
- Support planning and implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities on effectiveness of all stabilisation and resilience interventions
- Review and give technical feedback on monitoring and evaluation plans for new programmes and budget revisions
- Contribute to the analysis of outcome data and recommend improvements to programme interventions.
- Produce frequent monitoring and evaluation progress reports with status of results and implementation of improvements.
- Follow-up on monitoring and evaluation findings to ensure that corrective actions are taken and/or adjustments are made to programme responses as required.
- Train national and partner staff in appropriate monitoring and evaluation techniques to build capacity of staff, increase awareness on the importance of monitoring and evaluation and encourage accountability for demonstrating results.
- Work in close collaboration with partners to strengthen the quality and consistency of monitoring and evaluation activities in the field.
- Actively participating in monitoring/information management working groups, other relevant meetings and international forums as needed, sharing lessons learned and feeding lessons back in the project level,
- Conducting baseline surveys/performance surveys and/or needs assessments for the beneficiaries and/or activities, if/when needed,
- Sharing lessons learned from reporting regularly with the project managers, communicating recommendations to the project managers at the partner institutions and regularly following up the implementation of the recommendations,
- University degree in Information Management, Development Programmes, International Project Management or any relevant field.
- At least 7 years of experience in monitoring, information management, data collection and/or evaluation for international projects/donors/organisations, development projects, preferably in the humanitarian/social development/education or refugee, IDPs assistance fields.
- Excellent understanding of result frameworks & indicators as well as international M&E standards and applications.
- Strong knowledge of the stabilisation and resilience context.
- Good knowledge of international donors and organisations working in Iraq
- Excellent writing, data collection/analysis and presentation skills.
- Professional working knowledge of English and Arabic is required.
- Excellent coordination and teamwork skills
Note: Candidates who applied for the first round are kindly asked not to reapply.
- Interested candidates may submit their CV's along with their motivation letters in English (explaining suitability for the position) to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please only write the following position title in the subject line of your e-mails; Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
- Only CV's and motivation letters in PDF format will be accepted.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- Expertise France reserves the right to close the announcement prior to the stated deadline. Applications are screened on a rolling basis.
- INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.