Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator
Erbil, Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KRI)
Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Duties and Responsibilities
Program Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Develop a field level framework and schedule of implementation for all components of the M&E system, in accordance with WfWI strategies and guidelines.
- Promote a culture of “Lessons Learned” and best practices of M&E activities, ensuring that data and processes are discussed in appropriate forums and in timely fashion for effective use in field activities.
- Coordinate with Social Empowerment and Economic Empowerment teams to ensure that M&E data is integrated into all country planning, programming, and reporting.
- Oversee data collection, training of staff and contractors in M&E forms and processes, including electronic data collection, and tracking of program participants and graduates.
- Collaborate with the HQ M&E team for design of new M&E forms and tools, and to ensure that M&E activities in the Iraq are aligned with WfWI’s global strategy.
- Coordinate special evaluations, impact studies, research, and community assessments as needed.
- Carry out regular field monitoring visits to oversee WfWI-Iraq program activities and identify areas where adjustments are needed for better M&E reporting.
- Monitor and evaluate the work of local partners that have received grants or sub-grants from WfWI; liaise with partners to provide technical support in M&E activities as needed.
- Compile analytical reports on key M&E activities of WfWI-Iraq and local partners to fulfill data/ information requests from HQ, and donor reporting requirements, and maintain accurate records of communication.
- Prepare weekly work plans and monthly reports for submission to the Country Director.
- Participate in country office strategy development, proposal development and fundraising activities.
- Lead on recruitment for M&E data collection staff and contractors in the Iraq.
- Supervise direct reports in line with WfWl’s performance management framework, including the setting of annual performance objectives, completion of annual performance appraisal, and regular one to one meetings to review progress throughout the year.
- Conduct weekly M&E departmental meetings and oversee time and attendance and work planning and scheduling of all staff in the M&E department.
- Responsible for the efficient and effective use of the country office M&E budget.
- Ensure that expenses are reviewed and approved according to budget and need.
- Review monthly “budget vs. actual” reports to track actual expenditures against projected budget and address changes needed.
- Provide required documentation to Finance department as needed.
- Participate in new budget development and annual operational budget planning for the M&E department
Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a relevant field (M&E/ field research/ statistics/ cooperative management/ development/ poverty reduction programs and related fields), preferably within the INGO sector.
- Proven experience of using participatory tools and methodologies for program identification, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Understanding and experience of gender issues and commitment to addressing gender inequalities in all areas of responsibility.
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills and ability to present complex data and analysis in a clear way; excellent attention to detail required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well as a part of a team and to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff and participants.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion is required.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to travel within Iraq and internationally as required.
- High level of fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic is required (speaking, reading, writing) .
- Excellent computer skills including working with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Email applications. Database management /data entry and analysis experience is required. Experience using statistical software and electronic data collection is preferred.
All interested candidates must submit an updated CV, cover letter and three professional references. Send application to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator - Erbil in the Subject line.
Application deadline: April 05, 2020. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis; we are seeking to fill this position as quickly as possible.
Only short-listed applicants will be invited to interview. No telephone inquiries please.