Monitoring officer :
1. Attend meetings of the Corporate Management Team and, as such, contribute towards the development and implementation of legally sound policies and plans continually improves upon its performance and sets and achieves realistic organiztion goals andachievements within its legal powers.
2. Advise and assist the Chief Executive, the Leader.
3. Uphold principles of equalities, fairness and justice in both management and conduct withinthe Organiztion and in the conduct
The Field Monitoring Officer provides support for:
the team leader and other experts for whom the field monitor performs technical tasks and field visits.
monitoring project activities
carrying out specific research tasks which are required for planning and implementation of projects or programmes
carrying out specific tasks in connection with knowledge management for the project / programme
the team leader in carrying out project activities.
Coordination and monitoring
The Field Monitoring Officer
1-ensures adequate monitoring and reporting mechanisms in cooperation with the M&E Advisor, relevant project staff and implementing partners and reports to Head of Component.
2- supports in ensuring that the partners implement the activities according to the contractually agreed standards (e.g. utilize agreed selection criteria, ensure appropriate working conditions for beneficiaries, etc.)
3-supports the internal knowledge management and ensures that the data repository is managed and is up to date. This includes reporting from partners, templates, data management system.
4-assists project staff in planning and executing surveys, focus group discussions and other monitoring and evaluation mechanisms
5-assists the M&E Advisor in maintaining data bases for the Cash for Work and Livelihoods programme
6-Any other ad-hoc duties deemed necessary by the Head of Organiztion or his designee.
The Field Monitoring Officer:
- conducts monitoring field visits frequently with the programme staff for all Livelihoods agriculture activities in the projects for the socio-economic support, including preparing reports, spot checks etc.
- applies and supports the designing of M&E tools such as focus group discussions, surveys, quantitative and qualitative approaches
supports the preparation of sound, accurate and professional reporting as required.
- attends meetings with implementing partners (INGOs, NNGOs) and shares their results
draws up reports and presentation documents in collaboration with the M&E Advisor.
prepares appropriate input for various monitoring reports including annual, quarterly and ad-hoc reports, and contributes to the other reports required by the programme manager and Head Office
assists with research activities and studies on monitoring issues which benefit joint programmes.
performs other M&E related tasks as assigned
- assists in drawing up reports and translations.
- assists in establishing a project database and contributes to it.
- assists in communicating, updating and collecting of information .
- organises and updates project / programme documentation, the filing systems and the project.
Other duties/additional tasks
assists other experts, if necessary.
performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
Required qualifications, competences and experience:
-Bachelor degree , such as Monitoring and Evaluation, Political Sciences, Business administration but not exclusively.
- initial experience (internship or similar) in this area
- experience in working with international development organizations, (I)NGOs and / or political entities is an advantage
Other knowledge, additional competences:
-good working knowledge of (related software, phone, , email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office, MS Access or another database programme)
- good knowledge of English language and Arabic.
- experience of project management and research experience in an area related to the project’s/programmer's requirements is desirable.
-willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
please send your English CV to SSORD email:
Please indicate the Title of the position in the Subject line.
**CVs without subject line "Monitoring officer " will not be considered.
Links to CVs will not be taken into consideration.
**Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.